Touch deprived

Alhaitham doesn't care much for people, and in turn isn't very physical with others. So naturally, he doesn't get a lot of touching done, even in the most innocent of terms. Not even touches as simple as hugging, pecks to the cheek, holding or shaking hands. Nothing.

He doesn't want that from people. But because he doesn't crave it from just anyone, he fails to realise that he does eventually need and want it from at least someone.

Kaveh notices it long before Alhaitham does, in the early stages of even just their friendship. Alhaitham is stand-offish towards people, Kaveh knows that. But the Kshahrewar student himself adores being physically affectionate and therefore it stands out to him that Alhaitham is like an exact opposite to him in that regard.

He experimentally starts getting more physical towards him. He won't push ALhaitham into something he isn't comfortable with. If at any point Kaveh senses that Alhaitham is pulling away, he will take that as a sign that he truly is reluctant to touch. He will accept that this behaviour is universal and not just reserved for strangers. Kaveh will not push it.

But, as he anticipated, Kaveh is not met with any resistance.

He starts small. He would brush his hands over Alhaitham's shoulders or arms. Give gentle nudges with his elbows. He tugs at the Haravatat's clothes to get his attention.

Innocent and friendly touches.

And not once does Alhaitham stop him.

As their relationship progresses from friendship to something more, Kaveh grows bolder little by little. He lets his hands linger just a bit longer. He leans against Alhaitham when they are seated beside each other in silence. He starts hugging the awkward man goodbye when they part ways on their way home from the Akademiya.

Each time, he'll make it all last just a few seconds more. He takes every second he can get, until he begins to realise that if he isn't the one to pull away, the moment would never end.

Because Alhaitham is never the one to pull away first. Kaveh never stopped to think about it until recently, but he desperately wanted to put his theory to the test; he wants to confirm that he isn't just misremembering it.

Cue his most audacious act yet; he crawls into Alhaitham's lap when they're sharing a more private moment together.

Alhaitham doesn't stop him, much to Kaveh's surprise. Instead, the ashen haired man just leans his chin atop Kaveh's head and continues reading. Kaveh sits there, unsure what to do. He didn't expect it would go like that.

He really thought he'd get pushed away, so he didn't have a plan to deal with sitting there for a prolonged amount of time. He frets for a few minutes on how to keep himself entertained as he waits out Alhaitham's patience, but gets pulled out of his thoughts by Alhaitham pulling him a bit closer.

"Stop fidgeting." Alhaitham mumbles. "I know you stayed up late, just close your eyes for a bit."

Kaveh is stumped. He gives a light shrug and takes Alhaitham up on his unspoken offer for Kaveh to nap in his lap. With a content sigh, he falls asleep.

When he finally wakes up again, he notices they've shifted positions. Alhaitham hadn't kicked him off while he slept. Instead, he laid them down more comfortably. Kaveh is now splayed over Alhaitham's chest, nestled in between the side of the divan and Alhaitham's sturdy body.

He flusters and mumbles that he has to go to the bathroom as he scrambles unceremoniously to escape the embarrassing position he found himself in. When he reaches the privacy of the bathroom he faces himself in the mirror. He'd exploded in all shades of red, unprepared for whatever that was.