The World Ahead

Maglor just wanted to go home, but he didn't know what home is anymore. Was it Tirion in the light of the Two Trees? Or perhaps Formenos when they had all three Silmarili and had a form of happiness? Was it being held in his mother's arms and having his father and brothers surrounding him? Or perhaps it was Himring with Maedhros? Or maybe, just maybe, it was raising two small half-elven children? Maglor didn't know the answer to that. All that he knew was that he could never go home. Home was barred to him.

Maglor was tired. He just wanted to go home and forget all this Oath business. He just wanyed his family to surround him and to finally be happy again.

Maglor didn't know what home is. He had all but forget about what it meant anymore. What did his mother look like? Redhair and smiles? And his father? Firey and bold? His brothers? Fearsome? He couldn't remember their faces anymore and their names were slipping from his memories as the ages passed.

Maglor knew he didn't have a home to return to everyday, but perhaps these humans could make him a part of one? That sounded nice.

Sometimes Maglor hated being immortal. He hated watching his friends age and die around him. He wanted to follow them sometimes, but he couldn't follow them. He couldn't go home. He could never go home.

The world was dying around him and still Maglor remained. He remained as the humans killed themselves off with bombs and fire, with their atomic bombs and meaningless wars. He wanted to follow them, but he couldn't.

Maglor remained as all else fell to ruin, his elven body able to withstand far more than a human body. Even the few humans that somehow managed to survive the bombs died off as they couldn't hunt for their own food anymore. Maglor could barely remember, but he remembers hinting alongside his brothers, just barely. The laughter and the feel of a bow in his hands and a horse under him is all that remained, muscle memory played a huge part in his own survival.

Maglor could never stop moving. His soul longed for things that he could never have. He just wanted to go home, but home is beyond him and he can never have it.

Fate is ahead.

Home is behind.

He could never go home.