In This Together

Ominis did not get asked for. It was a given in his mind that he lived a quiet enough existence that there was no reason, aside for perhaps Sebastian dragging him into some god forsaken task, for Ominis Gaunt to be requested to report to a teacher.

This having been take into account, he could not think of a single reason as to why he had been summoned to Professor Weasley's office, and in the middle of class no less. He was racking his brain as he walked, but there was no semblance of an idea of what this could be about. Sebastian had been too busy running around with the new fifth year to even think about drawing Ominis into one of his schemes, and he himself had certainly not done anything to incur the wrath of anyone short of the house elf he had walked into after she had apparated directly in front of him.

He rounded the statue that centred the courtyard before entering the Transfiguration corridor and was barely a few millimetres from the door when a voice caught his attention.

"Mr Gaunt, there you are. Thank you for coming so quickly. If you wouldn't mind following me." The sharp click of Professor Weasley's heels against the dry stone floor was easy enough to follow, though he noted she seemed to sound rather thrown. Not so much panicked, as Professor Weasley knew nothing but perfect control over all situations, however there was some unevenness in her tone, as if she though still in control, was somewhat perplexed. Further, her steps were rather frantic, and Ominis found himself struggling rather more than he cared to admit to keep up without having to break into a small jog.

He recognised the familiar surroundings of the faculty wing, though as their destination loomed, he also found himself in a state of confusion similar to Professor Weasley.

"I believe you are acquainted with our new fifth year?" Whilst this may explain the strange anomaly which was his summoning, Ominis was still very much in the dark about the context and Professor Weasley wasn't making much clear to him.

"We have met, yes. Though I may be inclined to ask what this is about, Professor?" Whilst he always made sure to maintain his polite manner around the faculty, there was little point beating around the bush with such matters as this. He was already known for being rather curt, a trait that Sebastian liked to remind him of frequently, so he thought little of how it may sound to the women in front of him past his adequate language.

"It will be clear in a moment. I feel this may be better dealt with head-on." His suspicions came to fruition once the pair reached the hospital wing, and Professor Weasley finally slowed her pace. He could hear some vague conversation, seemingly Nurse Blainey fussing around what he assumed was what ever it was he was here to deal with. They approached the small hospital bed, and it dawned on Ominis that the rest of the room was empty, and that all the ruckus being incited from Nurse Blainey came down to one person.

"Professor, is that you?" He knew that voice, and having had her name spoken only moments before he was starting to connect the dots. Perhaps she had gotten herself in more trouble than she bargained for and he was simply deemed the most responsible associate to take her back to wherever she was to go.

"Yes, dear. I may have a small solution to, at best, lessen this situation." The shuffle of feet signified that Professor Weasley had no turned her attention to Ominis, who was trying his best to piece together the jagged fragments of context he was being handed.

"Mr Gaunt, it should so seem that our lovely associate here has taken her little hobby of fighting poachers a touch too far, and has such been inflicted with a blindness curse." The pieces were starting to click together, and he was not enjoying the answer.

"We have been able to ascertain that it isn't permanent, however we cannot remove it at the time, and the recommendation from St. Mungo's is to just allow it to run it course, should meddling with the curse inflict a greater damage." Professor Weasley's words were clear. The girl in front of him was temporarily blind, and the powers above have stated she is to remain as such for a prolonged time.