Arrack Attack (Part 1)

⚠️UNDER EDITING⚠️

PAIRING: Farah x Saul

WORD COUNT: (previously 2,315)

WARNINGS: lovers to enemies to lovers, mutual pining

TIMELINE: N/A

BACKGROUND: 

A/N: Hello! So this fic is inspired by the movie Ticket to Paradise, and most of the lines I use in this are taken directly from the movie. I don't own the TtP script or the characters of Fate: The Winx Saga that are used. Emaria is my OC for Farah and Saul's daughter, and Ri'ain and Lixi are additional characters I came up with for this fic. I also don't own the FTWS lines that I snuck in here. This section was updated after its original posting. I hope you all enjoy the updated version! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farah Dowling sat, stiff as ever, on the little wooden chair. While her seating arrangement did look very beautiful and intricately made, Alfea's headmistress was sure that it should have been located somewhere else instead. Like, perhaps... the dumpster behind the bar? It was wildly uncomfortable to sit in, as was the situation she'd somehow gotten herself into.

The water glass in front of her was still full, as it had been since the moment it was placed before her. Her breaths were even, careful. Every micromovement of her body was designed carefully not to disturb the strange peace that had settled upon the group.

Sitting in the seat to her right was her beloved only child, Emaria. While the mother-daughter pair had stood by each other thick and thin (and there was no shortage of "thick" moments between them), what Emaria was attempting now was something Farah refused to allow.

Emaria had just completed her internship at the capital with Queen Luna and Princess Stella. Her best friend, Lixi, had also been interning as a Specialist guard for the Solarian army. Between both of them, tasks were demanding, and the workload had been heavy.

So Farah had easily agreed to a simple vacation for the girls. A month-long trip to Linphea for Emaria to decompress before returning to Solaria and navigating complex politics as a full-time advisor to Her Majesty.

But then, just a week before coming home, Emaria told Farah that she had met someone. Really met someone.

"He's not like the guys I was with when I was at Alfea, Mom," Emaria explained on the phone. "He's... He's different."

The young mind fairy then proceeded to tell her mother that she and the handsome Linphean fairy, whose name was Ri'ain, were going to be married despite meeting less than a month ago.

That was all it had taken for Farah to take a leave of absence from her headmistress position at Alfea and travel through the realms to Linphea so she could talk her daughter out of the wedding. Emaria couldn't marry a man she'd only just met! It was an insane prospect.

Though this was where things got... complicated.

Sitting in the seat to her left was Farah's former boyfriend, Saul Silva, who also happened to be Emaria's father. Apparently, Emaria had also told Saul of her marriage in hopes of him attending along with Farah. The Specialist had immediately left his small home in the realm of Eraklyon with the same intentions as Farah, and here they were.

Both the engaged and former couples were sitting at a bar, trying to drink off the day's events. Especially Ri'ain. Apparently, it was a Linphean tradition for the future husband to have his canine teeth filed down, and Ri'ain had fulfilled that task earlier in the day.

Emaria had explained to Farah during the process that Linpheans believe filing down the canine teeth takes us away from the animals, or qualities that lead to an unhappy marriage.