prologue

Huff!...Huff!

The sound of a medium sized animal huffing along with the sound of snow and ice crunching under its claws that are scraping against snow while its white pelt blended into the white terrain of cold and frost.

Zip! Shunk!

A spear zipped past the animal nicking its pelt by a inch before getting stuck in ice with a sharp sound its hooked ridges getting stuck into the ground as two other tall beasts zipped past the spear as a armoured and think gloved hand ripped it out from the ice in one swift motion.

"NICE SHOT IDIOT!" a voice yelled out laughing having a feminine tone to it before a young male voice quickly spoke up "shuT up!" The young male voice yelled out a faint voice crack in the males tone "WAS THAT A VOICE CRACK HAHAHAHA!" the female laughed out again "you try to throw a spear for the first time!" The young Male yelled embarrassed at the older female laughing before handing her the metal spear into her larger armoured gloved hand "not my first time брат!" The female chuckled gripping the spear taking a deep breath and reeling her arm back at the fury creature before..

Zip! Thud!

The spear flew through the air nailing the creature in its body its spiked hooks digging into its pelt killing it with a thud as it fell and slide as the six legged beasts that the two people were riding quickly zipped past as the female reeled the catch quickly by hand before grabbing it by hand holding it in the air in triumph.

"Lucky" the young male huffed like a child "I do have more experience you know that so it really wasn't fair in all honesty" the female hummed holding the catch on her lap before tying it by her thigh on the thick skinned six legged beast that had a long snout like a caribou sized eyes and three slits sat on each side of its neck like nostrils or fairways bits of machine armor and machine covered the beast as its legs quickly moved across the snow and ice "I know...." the young Male said upset "hey...bou it's fine one day you will be able to do it" the female addressed the young boy known as 'bou' said in a reassuring tone "I'm aware of that but how come you and granddad get to go across and travel to the great ridge baatu?" Bou said to the female named 'baatu'.

Baatu sighed "its because I'm 20 your 14 not strong enough to handle the curse and effects of the trip and besides it's once in a life time opportunity!" Baatu chimed her helmet covering her face but Bou could tell she was wearing a smile under her grey eyes with the thick scar over her nose bridge and short hair that framed her mature face while he had longer hair and green eyes.

Baatu quickly spoke up "Hey wanna make some stew tonight after this I'll let you get first dibs!" Baatu chimed chuckling as Bou wipped his head around his helmet slightly mover from being to big for him before his stag sped up quickly "I'LL RACE YOU FOR IT!" he yelled cackling "YOU THINK SO! ILL WIN THIS RACE!" Baatu yelled back speeding up to catch after the young boy into the ice barren terrain racing to their village cheering and laughing into the clear sunny sky

(Брат means "brother" in Russian)