chapter1. Gone so soon little bro

Staring at the sky in the morning ,steraching up on my bed and listening to the bird whispering.
I heard my step mom shouting my little brother name with a crying voice, I stood up from my bed to her room only to see her crying and calling his name , Ned was having convulsions, this was not the first time it has happened to me before actually it a(genetic defects) which means its genetic. I couldn't help but cried with her.
I was just only six when I lost my only little brother Ned, he was just three years old, my dad wasn't around cos he usually goes to the river early in the morning ,yes my dad is a farmer,he deal with poultryand fishing .
I ran out of the the house for help, I called my neighbousr and they took him to enter boat to hospital, cos We live in area were there is no transportion. we use boat to cross before you can be able to get vehicle,
My nighbour took care of me while my mom and the other neighbors went to the hospital with Ned.
I sat down on my Nighbours couch crying silently hopping for safe return of my momma and Ned, later on my dad return from work on hearing the news, he was down immediately, he took out his cell phone to make a call.
Hour later they returned with the corps of my little brother ,Ned couldn't make it to the hospital, he died on the way.
I cried helpless, even though I was little ,
I remember the word dead when I lost my mom, I would always ask my dad About my real mom he would said she has gone to heaven and that was how I never saw mom again.
And then my little Ned.
Month later my dad arrange for us to move to a better place ,we move to another town, but things were not easy for us my dad had to go far away from home to go fishing cos now rivers are far from the new town we moved to but transportation became easy for us.

******************************

My step mom started changing, her attitude towards me became unpredictable, I was just a little child I would always obey her commands if not she will beat me till I bleed, my dad will always ask me what caused the bruise she will always denies it and tells my dad that I play alot these days and while running around I fell down and get hurt, as a little me I would think maybe it because of the death of Ned.

******************************
I became used to the way I was treated at by my step mom
My dad never question her up bringing becos he trusted his own wife so much then his little daughter .