𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Zhongli opened his eyes. He must of fallen asleep or drifted off. He didn't realize. His entire body ached. He was tired and didn't want to get up. After giving up the Gnosis, Zhongli was miserable. He started to gain horns, they were hidden by his hair but they were growing. It had only been a week and the changes had started. The changes that would ruin his "human" life.

But now he had to go to work. He forced himself to a stand. The Morax statue that he rested at made him sore. He wanted to start walking but felt something. Somebody watching him. He moved his pupils, left to right. Left to right. Then he saw the tealish blue haired boy. Xiao, or Alatus. But he was watching Zhongli. Why? He must be working toward finding out who killed Morax. Or.. I guess you can say me, Zhongli thought. The Yakasha approached. Silent as night in the bright of day.
"I supposed you could see me by you staring at me," Xiao said as he got to a decent length away and stopped. He crossed his arms. He was going to be asking questions. Anything to figure out the cause of his God's murder.
"You're an adepti aren't you," Zhongli acted as if he'd never known. Of course with his calm manner that he was known to have. He still hid the thumping in his head and the weakness in his body. Xiao turned at him as his face darkened.
"How did you know," he spat the question at Zhongli. He drew his weapon aiming it at the man. Zhongli put up in hands in a fake surrender. He kept his voice steady, "It was a lucky guess." Xiao stood there for awhile. Then withdrew his weapon.
"Tell anybody and meet Morax yourself," Xiao glared at him as Zhongli lowered his arms. He nodded.
"Who are you anyways? Never seen you in Liyue," he backed off his gaze. Zhongli returned his hands to behind his back.
"Newcomer, I've been living here for a year or so," Zhongli sounded honest. But Xiao was smarter than that. He could tell this man was lying. Something was wrong with him, yes he had come to ask the man about the Fatui who was suspected to killing Morax, but now he had somebody else. He had another suspect.
"Whats your name," Xiao said. He was getting slowly suspicious of him.
"You first, then maybe I'll do the same." (MUSIC REFERENCE GUYSS)
"Xiao, Adeptus Xiao."
"Zhongli, Adeptus Zhongli," Zhongli said smiling slightly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Xiao couldn't stop thinking. Who was this man. Who was this Zhongli. An Adeptus? Why hadn't Morax told him? Xiao's suspicion grew and grew. He sat in the Inn. He was confused. This man, no, this Adeptus was a man Morax had never told him even existed. Yet he seemed to be near his statue everyday. It was if he was there all Morax's life. Like they had been friends forever. But how would you be friends with somebody who he barely spoke to. Morax would have at least mentioned the man if he talked to him a bit. He tried his best to figure this out. Morax would be able to work out who he was a lot better than Xiao was doing now. This was a pain for Xiao. Soon he realized something. People knew him. He came there to talk to the man because of somebody else. There were only two people who would know about this man. At least that's what Xiao thought. The Fatui and Morax himself. He couldn't ask Morax obviously, so he'd go to the Fatui Boy. Childe was his name? Who cares anyways, he needed answers. And he needed them now, he'd ask where this man came from. He will ask until he has enough evidence to be convinced that "Zhongli" is innocent. That he hadn't murdered Morax.

His thoughts broke. He realized somebody else was in the room. The Traveler, Aether. Xiao sat up.
"What are you doing," Aether said coming to sit down with him. Wait, maybe he knows something, Xiao said to that little voice in his head. The Traveler met everybody.
"Do you know Zhongli? Like, who he is?" Xiao watched Aether's face change. He seemed bothered.
"He works with Hu-Tao, why do you ask?" Aether was quiet. Something was up with this guy, he could tell.
"I met him today, he doesn't sit right with me. Like he's done something," Xiao didn't give any more details. He didn't want to bother Aether with the man being a Adeptus. That'd be hard to come by.

Aether looked down. Silently, Xiao reached for his hand. Aether looked at him, a blank expression on his face. This bothered Xiao never seeing him so completely lifeless.
"I Don't know, it's confusing. If you need to talk to him, though, he'll be at work, or at a Morax statue. He doesn't have a home though," Aether smiled.
"Thanks," Xiao nodded slightly, "I have to do something too."
Aether tilted his head, "What is it?"
Xiao looked up, determined, "I have a Fatui to catch."

-----------------------------------------------------------------