001 an episode of survivor

001an episode of survivor

001
an episode of survivor

Everyone died, eventually

It was the only guarantee they had in life. But in the Outer Banks, Kooks liked to delude themselves into thinking they were immortal.

Sitting in their velvet, cushioned chairs, feasting on the most delicious, and expensive of meats, twiddling their thumbs as they ignored the inevitable. They thought because they had money, they were automatically saved.

They tried their luck to stay young, using medications the doctors prescribed and creams to fight the superficial effects of wrinkling, dimpling, and aging. But there was no cream to stop death, no treatment or procedure to cure mortality.

Death as well as Truth. To know Truth was like meeting Death himself. Bianca's truth was that she was a murderer. A killer. And as much as she tried to escape it, no one can ever truly outrun Death.

One month.

Thirty-two days to be exact. At least, that's what the little strikes of chalk on the cave wall told Bianca. It had been thirty-two days of eating coconuts, foraging for berries, and singing Kumbaya around the bonfire as if they weren't trapped on this god-forsaken island.

"Hold still."

"What?" Bianca's eyes widened, her heart pounding against her ribcage. "What is it?"

"Wait, don't move," Sarah warned. She slowly rose to her feet, careful not to make any sudden movements, "There's a bug in your hair."

"What!?" Bianca flinched. She debated between screaming her lungs out and running in circles or staying dead still. The latter won.

"Shh!" Sarah chastised, rolling her eyes at how dramatic her best friend was. For a girl who spent a month on a deserted island, she sure didn't act like it.

"Ew, ew, ew, ew— Sarah get it out," Bianca squeezed her eyes shut. "Get it out, please–"

"Will you shut up? Oh my god," Sarah scoffed and flicked the little black beetle away before returning to her spot in the sand. "You're worse than John B when he got stung by that bee."