Was it truly his first kiss? | ONESHOT

His first kiss. Was it truly his first kiss? All the bickering and denying, but was it truthfully the first? Or maybe, it was the last. He could not handle the thoughts of denial that would flood through his mind, the thoughts that truthfully couldn't escape it despite his capability of running. And he'd run forever, if he could. His refusal of acceptance dug him deep. The avoidance busted the hole. Maybe it was his last? Did he really love him? Did he really mean it? Or was it just an excuse.

His attempts at hiding were undeniably unsuccessful, and he too could admit he couldn't run but he could dig. His own reflection was unrecognizable and he asked himself if it were really him. That blank stare of the person who he used to know, he couldn't exactly tell who it was. No matter how many times he'd shatter the mirror, it always found its way back to him. He couldn't escape. Was it truly his first kiss?

Haunting thoughts, alluring nightmares, that's all that bugged his mind. He could not escape. The more he tried to run, the bigger the hole got. The concern from his peers didn't matter, he didn't understand it. He thinks he's fine, but is he really? He could not bring himself to confront it. The thoughts, the eyes, the people, the reflection. It was all lies to him. The lies he couldn't escape.

But one day, it would soon change. When he thought nobody could possibly care about him, love him for who he was, someone came. A knight saved him. A longtime friend, the one that glistened with all of his beauty and greatness. His narcissistic tendencies never came in the way of the two. The knight prioritized Espresso, cared for him and loved him. He didn't suffocate Espresso like his peers did.

For years, Espresso despised the Knight with all of his might. Days of denial, days refusal and frustration. And one day, it clicked. It stopped. He had a desire, a need. Countless days, the knight would plead for Espresso's love. And one day, he caved for the Knight. It felt like relief, like heaven.

"Are you okay!? You haven't left your laboratory in WEEKS!"

Madeleine questioned the mage in despair, causing Espresso cookie to escape from the thoughts that clogged his mind. He didn't know what to say to the Knight.

"Espresso.. This isn't like you! What happened?!" He continued to question. "There has to be something wrong, you'd never let your hair become matted like that! And your room, It's a complete mess! Please.." Madeline would place his gloved hand, entangling it with Espresso's hair with concern.

"I.. I'm fine.." Espresso would finally respond in a quiet tone, there was exhaustion in his voice. He looked deeply into Madeleine's blue crystal eyes, looking for an answer. His mind felt scrambled, he felt no escape, no hope.

Madeleine would study Espresso's eyes back, deciding he had no other choice and it was now his chance. Pulling espresso in, he gently held Espresso's head, pulling him into a deep kiss.

At first, it confused Espresso. But as soon as it began, he caved in and continued it. His thoughts melted and all he could think about was the knight, Madeleine cookie. He finally felt peace with himself.

His first kiss, but was it truly his first? Or was it his last?