- 06. 𝗥𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗼𝗼𝗻𝘀 & 𝗦𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗜𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗥𝗮𝗶𝗻 -

a/n note!!: over 2,000 words! put on your seatbelt because this is gonna be a long one!
.
.
.

Jake and Soobin were sitting in the empty café talking about little things like school and most importantly Sunghoon. Soobin had definitely heard of who Sunghoon was. Back when he was playing his little flirtatious game, Jake would always come to the shop and rant to Soobin about him. Soobin had only heard of him though. He's never seen him. He only knows he's stuck up, narcissistic, and annoying.

"You sure he's not gonna do anything stupid?" Soobin asked for like the fourth time. "Yes, hyung. Well- I mean I can't promise you that. But he did say he wouldn't spill grape juice on me so..." Jake said pretending to be annoyed. "Okay..." Soobin said skeptically.

Knock, Knock, Knock

"Looks like your date is here," Soobin teased before getting up and opening the door. "Hello," Sunghoon said bowing slightly. "Hello," Soobin greeted in return. "I'm Choi Soobin, Jake's friend," Soobin said holding his hand out. "Sunghoon, Park Sunghoon," Sunghoon said shaking it. "Don't do anything stupid or I swear I'll snap your neck," Soobin threatened in a serious and deep tone. Sunghoon gulped before nodding.

"Soobinie hyung! Move!" Jake said trying to get through the male blocking the way. "Hi Hoon," Jake said with a small smile. "Hi," Sunghoon said shyly. "Don't act all shy now," Jake scolded the younger causing him to laugh a bit. "Be safe you two," Soobin said. "We will," Jake said before pulling Sunghoon to his car.

"Don't mind him," Jake said as Sunghoon opened the door for him. They both got in the vehicle before Jake continued. "He's very protective over me. He acts all tough and stuff but he won't do anything. Especially if I like you," Jake explained but whispered the last part.

"So, where are we going?" Jake asked. "Well... since it's six pm on a school night we're going to a café," Sunghoon said causing Jake to scoff. "Really? A café? We literally just left the best one in town," Jake complained. "But this one is different. Just trust me," Sunghoon reassured him. "But I want real food. Not an iced americano," Jake continued to complain. "Then don't order an iced americano. They have other drinks there," Sunghoon said causing Jake to groan. "Why did I agree to this?" He asked himself out loud.

"Maybe it's because you like me," Sunghoon said, his eyes on the road. "Nope, not at all. I dislike you quite a lot actually," Jake said nonchalantly. "Yeah, right, like you weren't just begging for me to hold your hand," Sunghoon said causing Jake to look at him like he wanted to cry. "Don't talk about that. I was going through some things at that moment," Jake said trying to keep himself composed. "Sorry, didn't know," Sunghoon apologized.

The two were silent for a few seconds before Jake remembered something. "Oh, I am so sorry. I forgot to give you the money today," He panicked. He was scared Sunghoon was gonna tell the whole school about his complicated situation. He was shaking in his seat. Sunghoon glanced at him. "Calm down, okay? You don't have to give me stuff anymore," Sunghoon said shocking the older.

"Wait, no. What do you mean? What about the secret?" Jake asked, fear was oozing out of him at this point. "Calm down, hyung," Sunghoon said shocking Jake. 'He said it again.'. "I don't know any secret. It seems like you do have some things going on though," Sunghoon said looking at Jake through the rearview mirror. "Can we not talk about this now?" Jake asked. He seemed to be sad, his arms folded and his head down. Sunghoon nodded respecting the older's wishes.

"I do need help with homework though," Sunghoon said breaking the silence again. Jake lifted his head, now looking at the younger. He blushed to himself looking at Sunghoon's gorgeous side profile. "I'll do it for you," Jake said quietly. "I think it's time I learn some things myself. How about you tutor me?" Sunghoon offered. "O-okay, I can help. We'd have to study at either your place or Soobin's. My dad doesn't let me have guests. But it's okay if we can only do it at Soobin's house. I understand if your parents don't want you to have guests over either. I'm perfectly fine with that, honesty-" Jake ranted before being cut off. "Shut up," Sunghoon said with no emotion in his voice. "S-sorry," Jake apologized.