✦ . ACADEMY: Ⅱ. ꒦꒷

academy: act ii.
꒷꒦ the knight's devotion 𓏲 ࣪₊༞

NOT UPDATED!!!

・୨・┈┈・୨ Ⅰ. ୧・┈┈・୧・

I never gave him a proper answer.

"Oh..."

"It's alright, My Lady. I don't expect you to like someone like me back. I just wanted you to know."

"I'll think about it, My Knight."

But he seemed fairly calm about it.

There's still some hope in his eyes, and I don't want to destroy it, so I kept my answer anonymous. Louis deserves someone better than me. Someone that didn't manipulate him for the sake of her own survival.

Even despite having a completely different soul, sometimes I act out without thinking, as if I have to fight for the control of this body.

Sometimes I wonder; where did the real Eris Hiina go?

Or should I say, Eris Vandeleur?

I wonder when I'll see Astorie Vandeleur again, that girl from 'Silhouette in History' by Vos Throne.

"Good morning, Professor Mavros." I greeted in sync with the rest of the class, quickly standing up once I noticed Viscount Lonan Mavros walk into the classroom. "Good morning, EA-104. You may be seated." Lonan greeted in return, setting down his briefcase on the desk. As we sat down, he opened his briefcase and took out a folder, one of the papers filled with all our names listed out for attendance.

Our literary teacher... Pfft, I don't need to learn this. I already know how to write and read. I'm confident I'll be one of the best students here, considering how this is basically just a downgraded version of everything I learned back in Joruria. Ah, I can't wait! This is like going back to elementary school as a college student.

Though looking at the interior, I must say, this place is truly luxurious. The chairs for students were designed in a way that reminded me of Italian renaissance chairs from the nineteenth century, made out of carved wood and painted a copper gold colour, navy blue cushions on the backrest and seat. Conveniently, the chairs have a compartment at the bottom where we could store extra things, like books or small bags. The chairs for teachers on the other hand were styled somewhat like thrones but less grand, made out of carved with painted a silver colour, cushioned with black leather. The desks were also made out of polished mahogany wood encased in moth grey-coloured iron patterns; they had a compartment as well, where we could store our satchels and more important items. And at the window sides and corners of the classroom, of course, Prodidomi flaunted their expertise in gardening.

Aside from that, I'm classmates with Aziel Fenlon, Louis Stratton, and Valle Hart from as far as I know. I'll try to keep a low profile. Thank the gods I'm not classmates with Emerett, at least.

The chair arrangements were rather plain, but efficient. It was shaped like a 'U', three columns on the right, three columns on the left, both were the same until the second row, wherein the back was joined together. It was so the teacher could easily manoeuvre around the room, both allowing all students to easily see them and allowing them to see all students. I sat in the front row, to the left side, in the middle seat, since I found that it was the closest to the door. Louis sat to my right, officially being the student closest to the exit. I left another vacant seat to my right for Aziel, and there was another vacant seat at the right side for Valle.

Aziel and Valle are late...

"S—Sorry I'm late, Sir!"

...ah.