Chapter 1: Sour Sixteen

My name is Y/n Shinohara, the daughter of Special Class Investigator Yukinori Shinohara. I'm his precious princess, the girl he's willing to protect at all costs. No matter what happens, he will always be on my side.

Will he...?

I guess not anymore. This pest came to destroy my life completely. This guy is my nightmare, the devil itself, the incarnation of my dark persona.

My dark persona... How could I compare such a monster to my dark persona? He is more insane and cruel than my psychosis attack.

Psychosis attack? Unfortunately, I have a wicked mental illness due to some brain pathology. I don't know the name of it, my parents never revealed it to me. But I'm glad they did that. All I want is to be happy and healthy, and not knowing the name of my illness helps me forget that I have it.

To be more precise, there's a beast lurking inside my soul. An angry beast, hungry for violence. The things I do during my psychosis are strictly unforgivable. When my random attacks occur, I'm unable to control my body, unable to think straight. I have lots of hallucinations and voices that shatter my reality.

However, this devil's child is nothing compared to my dark beast. He doesn't need any psychosis to act violent. He is violent. When my father is not around, he bullies me, but when he's around, he acts innocent.

His soft voice gives me chills, his psychotic laugh makes me want to run away, his crazy eyes are piercing through my soul, and his cursed hands cause me pain. He has such an angelic doll face, such a precious pure beauty, yet... his personality is completely opposite.

Juuzou Suzuya, you came into my life to torture me and punish my unintentional sins. But why are you taking it so far? What did I do to you? Why are you so angry at me? What have I done wrong to you?

My phone began to ring. I immediately snap out of my deep thoughts. It was my father.

"Hello, dad!" I answer happily.

"Hey, Y/n! Are you busy?" My father speaks.

"No, not at all. Why?"

"Can you please cook some instant noodles? They're not too hard to make."

"Sure, I will. Is there any particular reason why you're asking me to do this?"

"I'm bringing a guest..."

"A guest? Who?"

"I have to go now, see you home..." My father quickly hangs up the call.

It is obvious that this guest is the person whom I have in mind. My father knows I don't like Juuzou, however he chooses to be blind and pick his side. He thinks we will slowly become friends, which will never happen. Not after everything he did to me.

I look for the pack of noodles, my eyes land on the hot sauce bottle. I smile mischievously.

What if...?

I know I will suffer big consequences if I dare to mess with him, but my mischievous desires are way too strong to hold back. I want to make him suffer just for once, even if I know he will punish me for it.

After I cooked the noodles, I began to pour the hot sauce. I put half a bottle to make sure the spice is painful. I waited patiently on the couch, feeling proud of my actions.

A few minutes later, my father came home with the devil. Juuzou immediately rushes to the kitchen as if he lives in this house. He began to slurp the noodles. This is it, the moment I waited for.

I was expecting him to scream in pain, but he looked like he really enjoyed the food. My eyes widen as I watch him devour the noodles without any problem. Does he have a spice tolerance? Even if he has, there's no way he could handle half a bottle of that spicy sauce.