Why We Don't Go Alone

You flung open the passenger door of Ecto-1 and leapt into the seat, slamming the door behind you. Egon started the engine and peeled away from the scene, tires screeching on the asphalt. You had just enough time to look behind you and see the headstones of the cemetery explode into dust, billowing out like a mushroom cloud. A faint blue aura hung over the rubble, wavering in the night sky. It wasn't pursuing you.

Your heart was racing, thudding painfully in your chest as you tried to catch your breath.

"Put your seatbelt on." came a tense voice to your left.

You turn your head and finally look at him. His eyes were fixed on the road ahead, knuckles white as they gripped the wheel. His jaw was clenched and his eyebrows were furrowed down below the rim of his glasses, one lens cracked down the center. Dust and debris covered his hair and face.

"Egon..." you began, your voice already shaking with regret.

"Put...your seatbelt on...now." came the same solemn voice, tinged with something else.

You looked again, a new fear rising. Was he hurt?!

A quick assessment reassured you that there seemed to be no outward injuries, thank god.

You wanted desperately to explain.

"Egon, please don't be angry. I thought I could handle-."

*SCREEEE!*

You were suddenly jolted to the left as he made a sharp right turn off the dark country road, coming to a hard stop in front of a field.

Egon unbuckled himself and got out of the driver's seat. He marched around the front of the Ecto-1 in four long strides, the headlights casting his long shadow out behind him. He reached your door, flung it open, and hauled you sharply out of your seat.

Taken completely off guard, your mind still rushing to catch up to what was going on, Egon then spun you both completely around. He dropped into your now empty seat and yanked you towards him, lifting his right foot onto the running board. You felt another forceful tug and gasped as you fell forward, landing squarely across his now raised right knee, his left arm gripping you by the waist, pulling you tightly against his torso.

You found your voice at last.

"What are you-ahhh!"

A searing, stinging jolt of pain on your backside took the words out of your mouth.

Oh you had really, really messed up this time.

You turned your head to look at Egon's face, which was now set in a most determined expression, and your eyes widened when you saw a swiftly descending palm. Swift, sharp strokes of his hand followed in quick succession that made you reel against his thighs, your own hands bracing themselves on the floorboard. The stinging was terrible...but the mortification of your position made you want to crawl into a hole and die. Tears were stinging your eyes and you could feel your throat constricting. It had never entered your realm of possibilities that one day you'd find yourself bent over the knee of Egon Spengler as he spanked you like some rebellious child!

In sheer desperation, you tried to fling your right hand back to block the oncoming palm, but all that earned you was a throaty grumble from Egon, who released your waist long enough to grab your hand in his own and pin it behind your back. He raised his knee higher and swatted the outside of your thigh! You yelped in protest and frustration.

"Owwww! OWW! Okay, OKAY, then please stop! PLEASE!"

You wriggled as hard you could to try and free yourself from his grip on your torso. All you succeeded in doing was getting yourself pulled in tighter.