𝒊𝒊. squiggle?

TWO  ࿐ྂ
━━ WOODSBORO COMMUNITY HOSPITAL / CORNER POCKET POOL HALL !

     WHEN THE FIVE get to the hospital, Carina is happy to find that Tara does actually seem to be okay. Physically, at least. She smiles at them all when they walk in, her eyes shining slightly.

Carina doesn't hesitate to bend down and wrap the smaller girl in a light hug. From the way Tara grasps her shoulders, she has a feeling the other girl needs it just as much as she does. When she pulls back, Mindy takes her place.

The room is set up for two people to occupy it, but Tara's currently the only occupant. Because of this, the bed next to her is completely empty. Wes takes a seat on it, and Carina joins him. Mindy and Chad pull the two chairs up towards the bed to sit in, and Amber perches herself on the edge of Tara's bed.

"How are you feeling, Tara?"

"Been better, obviously." The girl shrugs. "But all things considered, I'm okay."

Everyone smiles a little at her, and she reflects the look back at them. Tara's always had to be strong, especially after Sam left. This only proved that.

Mindy starts to say something, but it gets stuck in her throat before it can even begin to form when the door to Tara's room begins to open for a second time that afternoon.

Sam Carpenter has always been pretty, even when she was on a drug bender right before she left Woodsboro. Carina is somewhat glad to find that fact hasn't changed. What has changed is the look in Sam's eyes as she enters the room. For weeks before she ran out, Sam's eyes were clouded and red, the clearest indication of her drug problem. Now, five years later, her eyes are clear. The only thing clouding them over is her own worry.

Everyone stands as Sam and some other boy let themselves in, ready to leave if the two sisters need a moment alone.

The newcomer scans them all slowly, but Sam drops down in front of Tara and places a hand on her shoulder. "How are you feeling?"

"You came." Tara sounds a mix of both grateful and surprised.

"Of course, I came," she states sincerely.

As if remembering there are other people in the room, Sam turns to gesture at the new guy. "This is my boyfriend, Richie."

Richie, as Sam has introduced him, bends down and walks towards Tara like he wants to be directly in her eye line. "It's so nice to meet you. I'm so sorry if I'm intruding." Carina quirks an eyebrow at the skittish way he speaks but shrugs it off as Sam circles the room to greet them.

"Nice to meet you, too."

She hugs Sam quickly as she makes her way down the row of them, and the other girl smiles at her softly.

Wes and her share similar greetings, and Carina can only barely hear Sam as she thanks, Wes. "Thank you for calling."

"Of course."

Carina chuckles as Sam scrubs a hand at Wes' head. "Look at your hair! I like it." The boy blushes lightly, and she knocks their shoulders together while she smiles at him.

She had gone with Wes to get his hair done after he confided in her about wanting a change of pace. Something to make him feel like Wes, and not just another person. She wasn't sure what his dying his hair blonde did to achieve this goal, but she still supported him no matter what.

"These are Chad and Mindy, the twins. And Carina and Wes." She looks up at Sam and Richie from under her ballcap when she hears her name being mentioned. Sam's waving an arm at them as she makes introductions, and Carina remembers herself enough to wave politely at Richie. "I used to babysit them all."