Chapter 1 - Grace Field House

"Good morning everyone!"

I shout as loudly as possible. You know the saying 'leave no stone unturned!?Well, I prefer to say 'leave no child asleep!'  You've gotta wake 'em all up.

"Gaaaah!"

       Is all I get in return for my built-in alarm service. One child wakes up, then the next and the next. The amount of groans in the room increase as more and children open their eyes and stretch in sync like robots.

"Amme, shut up."

       Juyo complains, his words faded between yawns, but I don't have time to listen. According to my calculations (which, unlike everything else I do, never fail), I should have at least 3 kids come up to me and ask for help in the next 30 seconds.

"Amme, can you pass me my glasses?"

       Honnomushi asks me while he rubs both his eyes. I pass them over, and he moves his red bangs out of his face to make way for his infamous crimson glasses. No one else wears lenses here, so it's sort of an identifying character trait for him, you know what I mean? He doesn't like it when we call it that, but it's all in good fun. Plus, he scores 190 out of 300 on the daily tests, so he's pretty smart, too. Hence the glasses. Wow, he'd smack me if he heard that.

      I get out of bed and slip on my sandals when all of a sudden, a little platinum boy comes up to me and whines, tugging on my pajama pants with his small hands which I find to be slightly damp.

"AMME, MY BED IS WET!"

-

"You're so annoying, you know that?"

      Juyo hits my shoulder with his, causing me to tumble. I laugh, and he laughs, 'cause my laughter is contagious. Juyo is my bestfriend, and he's 11, just like me. Unlike me, however, Juyo only scores 120 on the daily tests, meanwhile I score 240! Not to brag or anything... Maybe a lil'.

"Well, well, well, how are you still alive? The assassins I've hired must have failed. Count this day of yours a lucky one."

"Oh my god, you're not even funny, shut up."

If you ask anyone else, they'll say our insults are incredibly stupid and super embarrassing to say out loud, but this is how me and Juyo get along, so they should probably mind their own business. We both bust out our loudest laughs until I find myself being trampled over by a familiar brunette.

"Watch out!"

Enerugi warns after she accidently, quotation marks, hits the back of my head with her damned knee. I react immediately and end up grabbing her toes, though I wanted to grab her leg. She falls while laughing.

"Oh my god, Amme, are you okay!?"

She asks me, visibly holding back two-faced laughter and insulting eyes.

"Like you care, you little-"

I jump at her, obviously startling the always-energized ball of energy. We both giggle as I tackle her onto the ground. Enerugi is younger than me by only a year, her being ten and all, but she's way  faster and taller. Maybe even stronger. She gets a grand total of 260 out of 300 on the daily tests. More than me, as well. Damn.