Chapter 1

The spring breeze brought the scent of flowers to Clint's farm. He and his family had accepted you, after your breakup with Wanda, and then you also became his family. You spent most of your time sitting on the porch, sometimes stopping to help Clint with something, or playing with the kids. Although you always had a smile on your face, telling jokes, but he could see your sadness, and your loneliness.

Natasha arrived a few hours ago at the farm, after Clint had called her in secret, asking her to help him with you. No matter how hard he and his wife tried, you didn't say anything. Natasha was like a sister to you, you were inseparable and it was her that advised Clint to take you away from Wanda, so that you would not see her and Vision together.

You and Natasha were in silence, watching Clint playing with the kids. She was not going to invade your space and was waiting for you to say something. And that is what you did.

I know, that I shouldn't call her, that it must seem like I'm okay, that I'm over her.— You have taken a breath. — It was her decision and I must respect it, somehow I must repress this hope of loving her again. Maybe my fears have overwhelmed me.

You should try, I know you want to know about her, but I think it's better that you hear it from her. - Natasha said with a sip of her drink. — I think you've held too much back and you should let it out.

You really did. Wanda was the one who spoke first, she said everything she was going through, that she felt connected with the Vision. While you just kept quiet, staring at the floor so you wouldn't collapse in front of her. You never spoke about what you were feeling, or the battles you were facing in your head. Maybe Natasha was right.

Later that same day you went to a tree where you had put some stools and decided to call Wanda's number. You were trembling, even though you knew she had no chance of answering. When you fell into her mailbox, you let out a long sigh.

Hi Wanda, you don't need to call me back if you don't want to, I just wanted to leave this here. I just wanted to call to see if you were okay, or to hear your voice, — you felt the tears forming in your eyes. — Your leaving hurt so much that I just wanted an anesthetic, My heart was breaking while yours had amnesia, of the nights we swore would be eternal, that we would give everything to love each other. I live every day, feeling this feeling, in this parallel universe where you still want me, it's like a cure for these moments that hurt me so much. — You took a deep breath as you felt your voice choke. — It hurts so much, I feel abandoned, because I gave you everything I had, but the more love I gave you, the more you hurt me.— At this point, you were already crying. — I was told that you are over me and that you are no longer sad. That you are with Vision, and you don't care what you once felt for me. But I, deep in my heart, don't give up hope and dream that you lied to them, that you use the same strategy that I used when you left. — A sob escaped from your throat, as you tried to keep calm. — I wish I could go back in time, do everything without mistakes to see if I could still captivate you, if I do everything right, maybe someday you'll come back and fall in love with me again. — You took a deep breath as you saw Natasha appear in your field of vision, she knew what you were doing so she gave you some time. — The truth is, I still... love you.

You hung up the call, putting your cell phone aside, a tightness in your chest made your crying become stronger.

There was no strategy, you were just tired of playing with yourself, tired of pretending not to miss her.