BLOG ENTRY- An ancient, century school

Friday, the 10th of February 2023, marked the most valuable, once-in-a-lifetime moment for Sekolah Kebangsan Dato Demang Hussin, Melaka. Leaving decades behind, the school finally reached its 100th anniversary ever since the year 1923. Indeed, if you feel that you are old enough, then let us take a look at how ancient the school is and that it even existed way before the country reach its independence! From a small and facility deficit school, to become one of the most well-known schools in Melaka for its formation of wonderful and academically excellent pupils. Mostly known as SKKDH, the children of this school never cease to continuously grab the throne of endless achievements and awards.

With the number of 1202 pupils, it is incredibly amazing to see how well the educators of SKDDH played their significant roles in shaping and producing the best qualities of pupils. Despite the large number, it was clear enough that each teacher was very passionate in their teaching career since they were capable of delivering the best quality of teaching to the pupils. Although it sounds impossible for only 82 teachers to handle 39 classes in the school, it can be seen that their passion for teaching aids them to overcome their exhaustion throughout the day. As once expressed by Jill Biden, "Teaching is not a job. It's a lifestyle. It permeates your whole life."

As you wander through the school, it was fascinating to see how the school kept its ancient design with a little touch of the 21st-century style to the buildings. They had paintings on the old wall that portrays the evolution of technology throughout the years which shows a beautiful transition from the old to the new era of the world. On the other hand, the school compound was so big that you will never fail to see rows of many pots of colourful flowers and plants being planted around the school. It was such a beautiful way to enhance the harmonious and calming vibe of the school. How wonderful it was to start the day and walk through the entrance to first be greeted with the beautiful greenery.

The school did an amazing job of making everyone in the school feel welcomed and accepted. Greeting one another almost seemed like a race because everyone was very enthusiastic in addressing the other person when they walked past. This friendly culture was one of the things that were magnificent to be encountered as you received smiles throughout the day. Just imagine the amount of serotonin your brain may release! No wonder you can sense the constant joyful and cheerful vibe in the school.

Overall, the half-ancient and modern school of SKDDH provided one of the best SBE experiences! Hopefully, the school will keep standing up strong by having the century of experiences and phases as the premise to move forward and achieve more valuable victories.

(482 words)