Chapter 4

Three heads snapped in Mikey's direction, seeing two supposedly Mikey's in the distance.

"Ohhhhh fu- HEY!!!"

Leo smacked Raph on the back of the head before he could finish his statement, "Don't say bad words! It's not good for us, Dad said bad stuff will rot our teeth!"

Donnie stepped in "He was talking about sweets Leo.. not bad words"

"Oh."

Raph spoke back up "Am I THE ONLY ONE here who notices TWO Mikeys down the tunnel?!"

"Well considering how none of us have eaten any bad sustenance recently, we should all be seeing the same thing" Donnie piped up

"Aka yes there seems to be someone with Mikey" Leo summed up Donnie's words

The three paused... the facts hit them too late. 'Mikey is with a stranger. He is bringing said stranger with him towards us. Strangers = danger.' 

The three of them shared one major realization and they synchronized "Dad is so gonna kill us", the three of them winced at the words.

They watched with anticipation as they watched Mikey and the mysterious figure walk towards them, noting how the stranger seemed to hide behind their younger brother. 'We aren't that scary, we are less likely to scare somebody off than Mikey' they thought humorously

"Hey bros!" The brother's heads snapped up and locked eyes with excited blue eyes. They continued in their speechless silence.

"I want y'all to meet someone!" Mikey declared as he pushed the stranger ahead of him like a peace offering to wolves.

Golden brown eyes connected with three sets of bright eyes. Several silent moments passed before anybody spoke, nobody knowing how to react to the current situation.

The older brothers checked out the stranger silently, watching how they seemed to shy away from their stares and fidget from their nerves. The stranger definitely appeared human at first glance but the more they looked the more they realized 'They aren't human'

The figure, a little taller than Mikey but shorter than them, had two protruding things from their back that nearly dragged along the floor, no human ears, and feathers around their head but still had human hair. When they had finished examing the stranger's body, they moved to the face. They were taken aback by the glow in the brown eyes, but blown away when they noticed how soft their features were and the length of their eyelashes. The scent, though it stunk from the sewers, had a very distinct sweet smell. 

Leo was the first to figure it out and break the silence, "It's... a girl?"

Donnie stepped closer to peer at the strange girl and take a better look in the dim lighting, "By her long hair and softer features compared to human males, I'd say so".

"Gee thanks, Captain Obvious," Raph said with an eye roll, crossing his arms and shifting his weight to one side.

"Hey if you're gonna be mean about it then don't come crying to me the next time you need help with bleaching your area!" Raph was quick to open his mouth to retort but Leo smacked both brothers on the arms and coughed, gesturing with his eyes to their new companion and bringing their attention back to the matter at hand.

The girl kept looking at her feet, twiddling her thumbs and chewing her bottom lip nervously, sometimes sneaking reassuring glances at Mikey who was giving her a toothy grin and thumbs up of encouragement.  Taking a deep breath and standing on shaky legs, she shyly looked up again into the eyes of Leonardo and spoke, "H-hello".