53

Breathing heavily as all ten players quickly and skillfully made their way around the Celtics home court, the noisy crowd quickly became a quiet background noise as the last couple seconds played out on the clock

The Celtics currently had the ball and were already up be ten over the Denver Nuggets, but they all knew that even though there was barely a shot clock worth of time on the board, the game still wasn't over. The Nuggets pressed up their defense trying to force the ball into their favor, really just trying to put in their last ounce of fight before the complete ending of the game. They were already down in the series since the Celtics had won Game 1, and now they were going down 2-0 within the Championship series.

As the buzzer rang out, announcing the commencement of Game 2 and another Nuggets loss. After doing their on court interviews, getting dressed, and doing their post game interviews, both the Celtics and Nuggets players were released for the night. While the Nuggets would make their way back to Denver since the next game would be on their court, the Celtics players made their way back to their respective homes to get some rest before their flights in the morning.

Saying his goodbyes to his teammates and staff, Jayson made his way out to the parking garage where his driver waited for him in the Cadillac accompanied by Kasie and a sleeping Deuce who rested comfortably on Kasie's lap since he passed out just after the game ended.

Smiling as he greeted two of his favorite people, Jayson placed a kiss on Kasie's lips and one on Deuce's forehead before they made their way back to the house.

"You ate?" Kasie asked, looking over at Jayson as he held her hand and scrolled though his phone with the other.

"Yeah, they had food in the locker room after the game." He nodded, looking over at her.

"And you're not hungry, or do you want me to make something when we get to the house?" She tilted her head as she looked over at him, wanting to make sure that he was eating properly after working so hard in the game.

"Nah, I'm good. I just wanna sleep and cuddle for real." He smiled, saying a silent thank you at her kind gesture.

"Okay." She smiled back at him, enjoying the rest of their ride home in a comfortable silence. Even though it was ten minutes, it felt like no time and they were back in the driveway of the house. Jayson grabbed Deuce from Kasie and led all of them into the house after having a brief conversation with his driver.

Changing Deuce's clothes into some pajamas, Jayson then made sure he was asleep fully before making his way through the house to find Kasie since she wasn't in the bedroom.

Just as he was making his way down the stairs to look for her, he saw her coming up the stairs with a plate and a drink.

"What's that?" He asked, being nosy.

"Soft shell tacos for you. I know you said you weren't hungry, but I know you better than that. You're a behemoth, and you'd be complaining about wanting a snack all night." She laughed, handing him the plate. "And this is the Cran-Pineapple juice." She passed him the cup. Then making her way to the bedroom as he ate his food making her laugh.