𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄

fire and ice; in which Nemesis Stasia Cadel finds that true love has no bounds.

Nemesis' story began far before the reaping of the 74th Hunger Games. It began 16 years prior, however, she only became known by the whole of Panem just hours after the reaping of the 72nd Hunger Games.

She then became a figure of fixation for the whole of Panem only hours after she emerged victorious as one of the youngest victors ever recorded, at the youthful age of 14.

Post-traumatic responses, they say, lie in a broad range. Some people develop the urge to freeze, some take flight, and some fight. Nemesis, even before she was thrown into an arena, fought. Her whole life was spent fighting, whether that be in the illegal training academies of District 2, or in the discomfort of her own home.

Nemesis was born fighting, she spent her years fighting, she was surrounded by fighters, and she knew she'd die a fighter. She had little room for affection, little room for love; for affection and love were two things she rarely accepted. She didn't win her games by loving. Nor did her brother, Orion Apollo Cadel, who had emerged victorious just a few years before she had.

She didn't need to love; all Nemesis needed to do was stay in the good graces of the Capitol for the sake of those she tolerated, mentor her tributes, and stay alive.

Of course, Nemesis didn't like people, save a few, so she forced herself into a state of almost total emotional independence. She may have "preferred" the presence of some people, but Nemesis didn't need anyone, not really.

Well, Nemesis didn't think she needed anyone until her polar opposite made her realize that it was okay to want. It was okay to need. It was okay to feel.

The boy from District 12, he was as warm as a blazing fire and she was as cold and hard as ice.

The last thing she expected was for the baker's son to melt the ice-cold defenses around her heart.

The last thing Nemesis Cadel expected was to fall in love with Peeta Mellark.

PLAYLIST

silence; marshmello

under the influence; chris brown

i love you like an alcoholic; the taxpayers

i bet on losing dogs; mitski

mind is a prison; alec benjamin

nothing breaks like a heart; mark ronson

rue; girl in red

titanium; david guetta

who is she?; i monster

born to die; lana del ray

devil town; cavetown

dusk till dawn; zayn

experience; ludovico einaudi

CAST

nemesis stasia cadel, portrayed by the imagination

orion apollo cadel, portrayed by the imagination

haymitch abernathy, portrayed by woody harrelson

peeta mellark, portrayed by josh hutcherson

katniss everdeen, portrayed by jennifer lawrence

clove kentwell, portrayed by isabelle fuhrman

cato hadley, portrayed by alexander ludwig

and the rest of the hunger games cast as themselves.

DISCLAIMER

I own nothing but my original characters and plots; everything else in this story was created and is owned by Suzanne Collins.

additionally,

dialogue/events will be taken from both the book and the movies.