54

Sitting down in TD Garden, the stadium was filled to capacity as Game 6, the final game of the Championship series between the Boston Celtics and Denver Nuggets was taking place

Sitting down in TD Garden, the stadium was filled to capacity as Game 6, the final game of the Championship series between the Boston Celtics and Denver Nuggets was taking place. Currently the Celtics were up in the series, and this could be their last game, if they win, and if they didn't, that meant they would have to see what Game 7 would have to offer so they could break the tie.

But, that was something that the Celtics team as a whole, didn't plan on doing. They didn't want to go to Game 7, and they wanted- no, they needed to end it all, right here, and right now. They needed to make sure that they made up for their mistakes last year, given that they were a completely different squad with all the same essential players.

The difference being that they were bigger, better, stronger, and they already had an advantage when coming into the finals since they had already experienced the grueling schedule down to the last minute and came up short. Not this time though. They were making sure of that.

As they did their call outs for the Celtics team, announcing the starting players, and then doing the same, less energetic of course, for the Nuggets players. The game was on.

As the ending minutes of the second quarter came, the energy in the stadium was unmatched with anything that Kasie had ever experienced before. She was started to be thankful that she didn't opt for the suite seats, because she truly believed that this wasn't something you could experience from there. All the joke filled banter between the opposing fans, the funny comments, clear trash talk she could see going on, on the court, it was just everything. Courtside was where it was at.

The ball was inbounding under the opposing basket by the Celtics, and Robert passed it to Jaylen who proceeded to dribble it down the first half of the court before passing it off to Jayson and making his way to the right wing; his sweet spot.

Jayson, being guarded by Aaron Gordon, scanned the court as the Celtics players worked together to create their last play of the half. The end goal was for an easy two-pointer to be made, however the person who held possession of the ball deemed fit.

Seeing his clearing in the play, Jayson faked out his opponent, keeping his hands open and ready for the bounce pass that would come from the top of the key; it came from Marcus Smart, and without thinking about it, Jayson went up to dunk the ball. Going up to defend, Nikola Jokic who was in the paint, jumped with Jayson, unintentionally making his release from the rim come quicker than he had initially intended, making him loose control of his body.

Jayson crashed down on the floor hard, landing directly on his pre-injured wrist, immediately clutching it as he writhed in pain.

The stadium went silent as they watched everything unfold. The buzzer soon sounded indicating that it was the end of the second quarter, and now halftime. Nick rushed over to Jayson, kneeling down to assist him in any way possible.

After a couple minutes of them having a conversation in which no one but them knew the details on, Jayson stood up with his head down, still clutching his wrist as they made their way back into the tunnel. Cheers could be heard coming from the crowd, a sign of good sportsmanship, even from the opposing fans. It honestly didn't matter what team you were a part of, no one wanted to see anyone get hurt, especially during a big game like this where his team was depending on him.