CHAPTER 10 (R-18)

WARNING: Yes po! Opo! Another warning po. Enjoy reading!🍑🍆🚿

-

SELENE'S POV

SEVERAL days passed and Tito was finally discharged from the hospital. Although he still needed to take medication for his head, he had fully recovered. He has returned to work and expressed his gratitude for my care despite his initial awkwardness. He also reminded me to take good care of Tita Janice, to which I gladly agreed. It was my plan all along to take good care of her.

Tito has resumed his work and although he didn't show it on his face, I could tell that he was happy to see his company, employees, and board of directors back to work. He even inquired about the marriage contract, asking if I had already signed it.

Sa mga nakalipas na araw ay bumibisita si Tito kay Tita para kamustahin ang kalagayan ng asawa. At sa mga araw na yun ay may napapansin akong kakaiba. Sa bawat bisita ni Tito at nadadatnan si Doc Gavin sa loob ng kwarto ay palaging lumulungkot ang ekspresyon ng mukha niya. Lalo na kapag nag-uusap si Doc Gavin at Tita, na may kasamang tawanan at nginitian.

I also noticed that there was something different in the way they looked at each other. Whenever the three of them were together, I became more observant. Every time Tita Janice and Doc Gavin exchanged glances, there was a certain something that I couldn't quite put my finger on. It seemed like there was some kind of unspoken understanding between them, and I couldn't help but feel curious about it.

At kapag nag-uusap sina Doc Gavin at Tita ay parang balewala lang si Tito na tahimik lang na nakatayo sa tabi habang may lungkot sa mga mata na pinapanood ang asawa at ang doctor na nag-uusap at nagtatawanan.

I felt both confused and curious about whatever it was that Tita Janice and Doc Gavin had between them before. It was tempting to ask them about it, but I knew that I shouldn't intervene in their personal lives. Despite my curiosity, I decided to keep my mouth shut and focus on taking care of Tita Janice instead.

"What's going on between you and Czairex?" Usisa ni Nadia pagkaupo na pagkaupo ko sa tabi niya sa pahabang sofa pagkatapos kong asikasuhin si Tita. Linggo ngayon at wala siyang pasok sa café kaya nandito siya ngayon, kasama kong nagbabantay kay Tita. Mukhang matagal na niyang gustong itanong yun at ngayon lang nagkaroon ng pagkakataon.

Magkasalubong ang kilay na nilingon ko siya. "Anong-"

"Don't you dare deny what I saw the last time I visited Tita and saw you talking so closely and intimately," he said, pointing an accusing finger at me. "What was that, Selene? Care to tell me?"

He was referring to the day when Czairex visited Tito and Tita Janice to check on them. It was the day after we spent the night together, and he saw us talking very closely.

Hindi pumasok sa trabaho si Czairex noong araw na yun kaya nanatili siya rito sa hospital kasama ko. Kinausap niya rin si Tito tungkol sa kompanya and kinamusta ang kalagayan ni Tita pagkatapos. We spent the day taking care of Tito and Tita together.

Pagkatapos niyon ay hindi na ulit siya dumalaw dahil abala na ulit siya sa trabaho at sinabing dadalaw na lang ulit kapag maluwag na ang schedule niya. Kaya kapag wala akong ginagawa ay ako ang pumupunta sa kanya. Madalas gabi para dalhan siya ng pagkain at saluhan pagkatapos kong asikasuhin si Tita. Well, he's my husband now and he's also my responsibility to take care of.

That's what wife should do to her husband, right?

"Selene," Nadia said, interrupting my thoughts and giving me a questioning look. "What's going on between you and Czairex that made him wrap his arms around your waist like that? What kind of relationship do you have with him that I don't know about? You need to explain everything to me, Selene."