The future I thought I would have

"Palad ay basang-basa Ang dagitab ay damang-dama Sa 'king kalamnang punong-puno Ng pananabik at ng kaba Lalim sa 'king bawat paghinga Nakatitig lamang sa iyo Naglakad ka ng dahan-dahan Sa pasilyo tungo sa altar ng simbahan"

the song caught my attention, it is my favorite song, in fact it is my dream wedding song.

when i glanced at the singer, the singer caught my attention even more. 

The host said that this band is famous, but this is my first time seeing them. 

"Ikaw at ikaw (ikaw at ikaw)

Ikaw at ikaw (ikaw at ikaw)

"Ikaw at ikaw (ikaw at ikaw)"

Gabriel sang, and when he ended the song, he kissed my forehead. 

After a few months, we started dating, but before that, I became a fangirl of their band.

i am studying BS tourism management, an aspiring flight attendant, while Gabriel, on the other hand, is a college graduate, but right now, Gabriel and his band are focusing on their careers as a band.

It's our 3rd anniversary today; I am already a flight attendant, while Gab's band became more famous in the country.

"Happy anniversary, my Sabrina." He kissed me and gave me the most beautiful bouquet of tulips i've ever seen.

"Thank you, love," I said as I hugged him and gave him my gift.

After the dinner we had, he said he would bring me to his gift.

I think I have an idea why we entered a village.

He pulled over when we arrived in front of a beige house. it is a two story house, it's not big but not small, just perfect for a small family.

"Bri, this is our new home," he said, smiling at me as he opened the door of the house.

When we entered, he turned on the lights, but not every light, and that made that house dim.

I took his hand and he asked me to dance with him. "Can I Dance With You, Love?"

"Of course!" I giggled.

"Palad ay basang-basa Ang dagitab ay damang-dama Sa 'king kalamnang punong-puno Ng pananabik at ng kaba Lalim sa 'king bawat paghinga Nakatitig lamang sa iyo Naglakad ka ng dahan-dahan Sa pasilyo tungo sa altar ng simbahan"

He sang the song as we danced.

"Bri?"

"yes, love"

I was shocked when he knelt on the floor and said, "Sabrina Ellaine, when our eyes first met, I knew that there was something special about you, and when I got to know you, I knew I was right, and I know that I already fell, so hard that I can't imagine anyone standing in front of me in this house but you, and as my feelings deepened, I knew that you are the woman I am going to marry, that you are the woman i will wait outside the delivery room as you give birth to our child, and that you are the last person I will see as I close my eyes when i die. So, Sabrina Elaine, will you be my wife? Will you marry me? Will you live with me in this house?

"Of course love, of course i'll marry you, i will live with you, and i will be that woman." he kissed me after that.

" I want Pasilyo to be our wedding song," i said

"I want beige as the motif of our wedding, love."

"Gab, can I marry you on our 4th anniversary?"

"Baby, I want to have a church wedding?"

"I want to name our firstborn Gianna or Ian."

"i want our rings to be silver, not gold."

"I want you to wear a white coat on our wedding, okay?"

and everytime I said those, he would always have the same response: "As long as i marry you, Bri."

I thought I was about to enter a fairytale, but I was wrong.

09234851745:

I have no plans on telling you my real name, but as a woman, my conscience won't let me tolerate what they're doing.

And then she showed me a picture of Maureen (gab's best friend and the guitarist of their band) and Gabriel kissing.

I saw my mom being a martyr; she was tolerating my dad cheating while they were married, and at the age of 11, I promised my self that I will never be like my mom.

I love Gabriel; God knows how much I love him, but I don't want to be like my mother. That's why I took advantage of him not being around, i left our house; on April 4, I decided to leave; 4 weeks before our wedding, I left, I left our house, I left him, and i left my heart with him and the memories we made.

on our supposed wedding day, i doubted my desicion. maybe i was wrong, maybe he has an explanation; i am sure he wouldn't do that; maybe i was impulsive, and because of those thoughts, I called him; maybe i was wrong, i hope i was wrong.

but when I called him, Maureen answered.

"hi! "Can I talk to Gabriel?" I asked, hoping that they were just friends and that's why they were together.

"Sabrina, my boyfriend and I are sleeping tight; he is happy now Bri, with me, so please stop bothering us. It has been weeks, Bri. Move on.." After that, she ended the call.

With that, I confirmed that i was right.

Five years later

I got an invitation from Gab; it's a wedding invitation.

I honestly don't know if I will come or not. but i want to see him happy.

I was a bit late when I arrived at the church; I remembered our plans when we were still together: the white coat he is wearing, the beige motif, the church wedding, and when the song played, I wore my glasses because of the tears streaming down my face.

Palad ay basang-basa Ang dagitab ay damang-dama Sa 'king kalamnang punong-puno Ng pananabik at ng kaba Lalim sa 'king bawat paghinga Nakatitig lamang sa iyo Naglakad ka ng dahan-dahan Sa pasilyo tungo sa altar ng simbahan

I heard the song he sang when we first met, the song we planned to have as a wedding song, my favorite song, and the reason why he caught my attention.

That is when I realized I hadn't really moved on from him, even though he cheated on me, and chose my dream wedding as their wedding. It has been years, but i am still in love with the man i met at 2am nine years ago. but I can't do anything now.

"You are the one who helped me when I was at my worst, and I promise to be with you till death, Brianna. "I love you, Bri." But after he ended his vows his eyes caught mine.

After the vows, Brianna and Gabriel wore their silver wedding rings.

they kissed.

And after the scene I witnessed, I realized that he loved me from another woman. But even if there are a lot of similarities, from our name, us being both flight attendants, to my dream wedding and their wedding, she is the wife, and i know that that will be her biggest and best advantage, and I don't want to be a mistress, not like the woman my dad dated behind our backs.

I will never be the woman who will live with Gabriel, i will never be the mother of his children; and i will not be the person whom his eyes will glance for the last time. that is when i realized I broke my promise.