Chapter 16

Kaira entered his cabin confidently, covering the anger in her eyes with a fake smile.

"Yes sir" She asked standing opposite to him.

"Is the conference room ready?" He asked picking out the folders and going through them.

"Yes. Within the next 15 minutes the Millers would be here. I've emailed you the background check on them" She said knowing that she's done everything right.

"You are leading the conference today" Saying that he walked out of the room, leaving her shocked.

"Can I please kill him god? I won't ask anything more from you" She said looking at ceiling trying to look cute to the god, so he grants her the wish to kill him.

"Kaira. You don't have time" Adhiraj told her. Stomping her foot she followed him, taking her belongings from her cabin where Yuvaan ate her lunch without the worry of the world.

"Woaah what did my poor brother do that you are killing him with just your looks bhabhi sa?" Yuvaan asked teasingly.

"Your brother. Who else has the ability other than him?" She picked her laptop and its charger.

"I didn't know you and bhai sa had progressed so much" He teased her receiving a glare from her. He raised his hands surrendering.

"Why don't you also join? Am leading the meeting today. Seeing a familiar face in there would be nice" She proposed to him her plan.

"Really? Am definitely coming" He was excited to see her in action.

"Am going before your brother keeps shouting my name. Come fast" She ran towards the conference room.

Her feet halted at the entrance of the conference room

Her feet halted at the entrance of the conference room. Her mind pulled her back to the first time she was in the conference room.

FLASHBACK

"Kaira, my file" Adhiraj held out his hand for her to give him the file. Rummaging through the 5 files in her hand, she gave him one nervously as all the members in the conference room stared at her. 

"This is not the file" Adhiraj said calming his anger, trying to keep it in control.

"Sor..Sorry" She gave him another one, whichever came first in her hands.

Adhiraj read through it before throwing it on the table harshly. Everyone's attention was now on Adhiraj who was fuming in anger.

"IS THIS WHAT I PAY YOU FOR?" Adhiraj started scolding her forgetting that they were sitting among people. She kept her head low, trying to balance her tears that were threatening to fall out anytime. 

"One job I ask and this is what you do. Such Useless being you are" He threw all the files in her hand on the ground when she didn't look at him. Kaira gulped her saliva, trying her hardest not to cry. She bent down to pick the files, and a traitorous tear left her eyes. He kept on throwing more colourful words at her for being incompetent at her job. Looking ahead, he saw that they had quite an audience.