The start of a new adventure

The king of the pirates a title that means freedom and a title held by only one man and that man's name...was Gol D Roger.

Roger was looking out towards toward the sea as they left laugh tail. He knows he only has 3 months left before his illness kills him. As he was looking out to the sea a pair of foot steps came from behind him and as he turned around to see who it was he saw his first mate and best friend Rayleigh.

Roger smiled as he saw his friend "hey Rayleigh!"

"Roger." Rayleigh walks to the side of him and looks out to the sea with a sad face.

"Oi why so down ray we did it we made it to the last island!" Roger told Rayleigh as he saw his sad face.

"I am happy that we did it Roger it's just that *sigh* you don't have time Roger and Baterilla is to far to make it in that time" Rayleigh said as he leaned on the railing

Roger hearing this stoped smiling for a moment but then put on a saddened smile "I don't intend to go back there ray I have another idea"

Rayleigh a little surprised asked "and what's your plan then?"

Roger looks at Rayleigh with a smile "I'm honing to turn myself in!"

There was a moment of silence for a moment before Rayleigh shouted "WHAT!"

Roger stood firm on his idea "I am going to turn myself in and start a new era ray what we saw on the last island can only come true if this happens."

After hearing that Rayleigh reluctantly accepted "fine but knowing you this will be chaos." He smiled as he finished

"Yep!" Roger said as he laughed

But little did the two of them know was that a red haired boy was listening. The red haired boy was shocked at first but then had an idea. The boy ran down to the storage area and started to look for something.

"I just need any kind" the boy looked and looked for what he needed and found it, a chest of Devil fruits.

"Yes!" The boy tryed to open the chest but it was locked "of course it is" the boy sighed.

The boy looking depressed backed away but slipped and fell backwards onto a self making a box fall off of it.

"Ow! What the?" The boy saw the box that fell and clawed towards it and opened it to see what was inside and saw an odd devil fruit even by Devil fruit standards. (You can choose what it looks like)

"Yes! A devil fruit but what kind tho?" The boy said

The boy thought for a moment and decided that he needs to feed his captain the fruit for they heal illness from what he read. The boy took the fruit and put it in a bag and ran back to the deck. The boy look at the time and saw that it was dinner time and knew he had a small amount of time to do it so he snuck into the kitchen and waited for the moment that the chefs left and cut the fruit to pieces and put them in the soup that they where having that day.

"One shot." The boy grabbed the soup and brought it out and to the deck where everyone was. The boy looked around for his captain and saw him eating tons of soup.

"Hey captain!" The boy waved

"Ah shanks my boy enjoying the soup!" Roger said to the now named shanks

"Yep but I can't finish mine do you want it captain." Shanks told his captain

Roger smiled and grabbed the soup out of shanks hand and downed it in one go.

"Agh! That was horrible!" Roger said as he downed a bottle of rum.

"Well I did put some extra ingredients in mine" shanks said as he rubbed the back of his head hoping that it worked.

1 month later

Roger was shackled at his wrist walking down the street of his home to the town center as two long crowds of people where on each side as he was guided to the execution platform. Roger got to the stars of the platform as a guard comes up to him.

"Any last words."

Roger holds out his wrist and jokingly says "can you take these off there cuffing me"

The guard scoffs at him and signals the other guards to take him up. As Roger gets to the top he sits towards the crowd as to swords are placed in front of him. As the swords were about to be brought up to kill Roger a shout was heard.

"HEY PIRATE KING!!"

Roger hearing this looked down at the crowd to see who spoke but the voice continued.

"DID YOU FIND IT THE LEGENDARY TREASURE! THE ONE PIECE!!!"

Roger hearing this laugh and laughed to the point everyone could hear him as he spoke.

"You want my treasure you can have it! I left it all in one place!" As he finished the swords of the executioner's were brought down and stabbed him killing him as Roger had a smile on his face.

A moment that seemed like an eternity there was nothing but silence as Roger's body was sitting on the platform smiling. After a few everyone cheered and people rushed towards the docks to get to there ships. But as this was happening Roger's soul was in a state of nothing as Roger was still conscious.

"What am I dead yet or am I in something different" Roger's soul said or whatever a soul does?

What seemed like a million years Roger soul roamed the world looking for something. After twenty years his soul was dragged to a little boy and was put in a state of sleep waiting to be awakened. This baby boy was none other than the son of dragon and grandson of garp the fist, monkey D Luffy.

To be continued...