𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. welcome to act three

EIGHT  ࿐ྂ
━━ THE FREEMAN'S !

     WHEN CARINA WAKES, the first thing she registers is someone pushing at her shoulder. The next is crying. Finally, and it's surprising that she didn't register it sooner, is the pain. And with the pain, the memories. She gasps, sitting up with a strength she didn't know she had. Her hand, which was previously dead weight and linked with Chad's, comes up to her chest as she sucks in harsh gasping breaths.

     She's covered in blood from what feels like head-to-toe and is unsure what came from Dewey, what came from Chad, and what's here alone. Her back is throbbing and she can feel blood trickling from the wounds there, but she's alive. When Ghostface first took her down however long ago, she didn't think that would be the case.

     It all hits her at once, leaving Sam, Tara, and Richie in the car, finding Chad on the porch, going with him to find Liv, and then Ghostface attacking. "Chad!" she exclaims, crawling on scraped hands and knees over to him. His eyes are closed, and she can't tell if his chest is moving because he fell face down. She grabs his wrist to feel for a pulse and lets out a tiny exhale when she makes one out. It's faint, but it's there.

     As she sits there and soaks in the fact that she did in fact survive, and Chad was holding on, she finally realizes that the crying hadn't been her, and she hadn't imagined the hand on her shoulder pushing at her when she woke. She turns to find Liv kneeling in front of them, hand still outstretched like Carina hadn't moved and she was still trying to shake her. The girl's in hysterics. Her hands are covered in blood now too.

     "Oh god. Is he dead?" Carina shakes her head, throat dry and unable to make words come out. Not that it matters, the pink-haired girl just continues to stare at Chad like he's a ghost and mutters, "Fuck," over and over.

     "Liv." She attempts to get the other girl's attention, but her voice comes out weak and the other doesn't acknowledge it. "Liv," she calls, to no avail. "Liv!" she snaps, finally getting her to look at her instead of Chad. "We need to get in the house, and get help."

     Liv nods but doesn't move. Instead, her eyes flick back over to Chad.

     "Fucking hell," she curses. Liv is obviously going to be no help. She pushes herself to stand, and pretends like her back doesn't feel like it's being ripped to shreds right now. Going as fast she can, she makes her way into Amber's front door, Liv hot on her heels.

     She bursts through the door and runs for the living room, banging her shoulder on the door frame. "Mindy!" she screams as she spots her best friend on the floor bleeding out.

     Sam's above her, Richie to their right, and Amber and Tara to their left. Carina doesn't take the time to think of what she and Liv must look like, one covered and blood bleeding from at least four different places but something standing, and the other in hysterics with blood on her hands. Instead, she tries to race toward her best friend, only to be stopped when Amber throws her hands out.

     "Stay the fuck back!"

     "Jesus Christ!" Liv starts blabbering all over again, and Carina has to remember to breathe. "What the fuck happened?" she demands.

     "I was with Tara, but the rest of you were wandering around! One of you is the fucking killer!" Amber's pointing fingers and Carina has the random urge to reach out and snap it.

     "Fuck you, Amber. Fuck you!"

    "Just hold on!" She shouts, dragging her hands through her short hair. "Do I look like I got carved up for fun?"