𝒙𝒊𝒗. rules and suspects

FOURTEEN  ࿐ྂ
━━ BLACKMORE UNIVERSITY / NEW YORK CITY !

     AFTER SAM AND Tara's eventful exit the night before, the group had decided to stay together in the two apartments they shared. Mindy and Anika stayed in the former's room, Quinn, Amaya, and Carina in their respective rooms, and Ethan and Chad took up residence in Quinn's place so she wasn't alone.

     When the two sisters came back that night, they didn't wake anyone up, but they had plenty to tell them the next morning. Such as Ghostface attacking them at the shop around the corner, and Kirby Reed's sudden appearance at the police station. Carina never knew the woman personally, but she did know that she was a victim of Jill Roberts and Charlie Walker attacks. It seems Kirby's taken their attacks as motivation to become an FBI agent, and that's why she's here.

     After these revelations, the group all seem to debate if going to classes like normal and splitting up it worth it, but with Tara's insistence on continuing her college education, it was decided they would. It would also decided they would meet on campus after, keeping themselves together and in a public setting.

     Carina was on her way there now from her Intro to Criminology course. Sliding an earbud into her ear, she pulls out her phone to navigate to the group chat to tell them she was on her way.

     "Hey," someone says next to her. Jumping, she almost drops her phone because of the start. She turns quickly and takes a step away, only to relax a little when she sees it's no one but Julian Caster, another freshman from the course she just left. They've been paired together for a few discussions before, and he seems nice enough. Still, she can't seem to stop her racing heart in correlation to his appearance. "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you."

     "It's okay." She waves him off, shoving her phone back into her pocket and putting a hand on the strap of her tote bag. Out of habit, she adjusts the brim of her hat, but is pleasantly surprised to see Julian doesn't even look at her scar. "What's up?" As far as she can remember, the two have never had a conversation outside of class, but she's trying not to let it ring any alarm bells in her head that he wants to talk to her today of all days. Not everyone is going to want to talk to you about Woodsboro, Rina, she tells herself.

     Julian smiles at her, his hair flopping on his forehead as he bounces on his toes a little bit. "I wanted to ask who you were thinking of doing your midterm project on," he admits.

      Foolishly, she feels herself exhale at the confirmation that he's not asking her anything that has to do with Stab or Ghostface. "I'm not sure," she chuckles. "I've been putting off deciding. How about you?" The two are still walking in the direction Carina needs to go, and she's not sure if he also needs to go this way or if he's just joined her, but she doesn't question it.

      "Probably someone basic like the Zodiac," he hedges, shrugging. She notices that his smile is almost boyish. "Don't want to do too much for a first semester starter course."

     She laughs lightly, nodding. "Yeah, that makes sense." The path in front of her is shrinking the distance between her and her friends, but she doesn't think too much of it as she looks back over at Julian. No reason not to be at least a little polite if he's going to keep walking with her. "Have you always wanted to major in criminology?"

     "Around my sophomore year of high school is when it really hit me, I think," he tells her, looking a little like he's thinking about it. He shakes his head. "How about you?"

     "Ah," she laughs nervously. Maybe that wasn't the best question to ask, but she wasn't thinking about it being turned back on her. "Feels like my whole life," she admits without fully answering the question. But Julian takes it in stride, smile stretching over his lips as he nods in response. "I get that."