007 | 𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖

seven:
adore you
by harry styles

"here would be fine."

jisung called out as sicheng slowed the vehicle down, stopping at the familiar house where he picked him up before the game. "thank you, sicheng sunbae! i'll leave lele in your care~"

sicheng tugged his lips up in a small smile and gave jisung a small nod, unlocking the door from his side as the youngest went out of the car.

making sure he didn't leave anything behind, jisung turned around to wave goodbye and was about to go about to his house — only to be stopped by his long-time crush calling him out.

"hey, jisungie."

jisungie.

"uh— y-yeah?" curse that mouth for stuttering.

"will you watch our next game?" jeno leaned his head against his hand, propped up in the window of the door.

blinking dumbfoundedly at the unexpected question, jisung nodded in hesitation — obviously taken aback by the older's question. "sure. when?"

jeno chuckles as jisung saw sicheng behind in the driver's seat snickering at their small conversation. "i'll send you a message."

holy—

"it's getting late, lover boy. we'll get going." sicheng cuts them off before jeno could utter anything.

"sleep early, shithead!" chenle yells from the backseat, the car driving away as jeno waves at him with his signature eyesmile.

it took jisung a couple of seconds to sink in what just happened. and realize the lee jeno waved him goodbye and smiled at him. he could feel the burning sensation run up his face as his heart thumps against his ribcage.

"park jisung, get your ass inside!"

and that's another thump of his heart against his ribcage for another reason.

jisung quickly unlocked at his phone, the time displaying as four minutes before eight in the evening. his heart dropped at the sight of his mom stomping her way towards him, pinching him by the ear, and dragged his ass inside the house.

"i let you watch the game thinking you'll be home before your curfew—"

jisung cried in pain from his ear, feeling his body move in sync with his mother's drag as they reach the front door.

"o-ouch, mom!"

"god forbid, park jisung, god forbid! you're almost an hour late in your curfew! and you didn't even bother checking your phone!" his mom yapped, dragging his large body inside as she closed the door behind her, letting him go.

she placed her hands on her hips. "care to explain yourself!?"

"mom i—"

"and then you show your ass up with a guy flirting with you? in my doorstep!?" mrs. park exclaimed, snapping his forehead. "seriously—"

"love you, mom."

jisung rubbed the part of his forehead, lips forming in a pout as he said those words, sending his mother in a state of serenity after an adrenalized frenzy. his mother sighs, ruffling her hair in attempt to not pinch his ear once again as she spared him a look of annoyance.

"—you're lucky i love you too." his mother expressed, leaning forward to hug her son.

jisung hugged back, happy that his mom is quick to ease her feelings.

"but that doesn't mean i won't punish you for it."

or maybe not.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

here lies park jisung, on his bed, staring directly at the ceiling as the moon lit with natural moonlight and cold, evening breeze. he is kinda pissed at himself for coming home late but he quite enjoyed himself too much.

he glanced at the wall clock above the door, it read twenty minutes past the twenty-first hour. he grimaced at how time passed slowly — though he was kind of impressed that he already took an hour in reading the ceiling in the dark.

he tossed and turned around his bed, laying flat on his stomach and head buried on his pillow as he sprawled all over the bed.

he was bored as hell, but he didn't have anything to do.

his mother confiscated his phone for a week as a form of punishment. he couldn't even message chenle and asked if he's already home or hung in sicheng's house. he could only ruffle his head in frustration.

then a thought came in mind.

"SHIT!"

jisung sat up, yelling a loud curse word that probably reached the first floor because he could here his mom yell a faint 'language!' from the kitchen. on the first floor.

"i'll send you a message." — lee jeno, probably.

'probably' because jisung doesn't know if jeno did send him a message. but holy shit he's missing a lot even if an hour only passed. what more in a week.

"shit, shit, shit, when is his game going to be?" jisung hurriedly ran off of his bed and dived right on the floor, reaching out for his bag that were under his bed and shuffled for an old phone — the one that flips and has a keypad? yes, jisung still had that.

it was his mother's old phone that he received during elementary graduation for contacting purposes, before receiving a touch screen one after middle school. therefore, it was his mother's old phone number that was registered in there.

it was a good thing he remembered chenle's phone number.

quickly dialling it, jisung impatiently tapped on the device as he pressed it against his ear, hearing a few beeps from the old device.

another familiar beep was heard from the phone and jisung was more than happy to hear that it has already starting ringing.

only, it rang once and never rang again.

knitting his brows together, jisung tilted his head in confusion. he watched the phone automatically go back in the home screen which notified about a new message.

he quickly opened the message, jaw dropping at the sight as his hand made its way on his head to scratch it.

no load balance.

how is he supposed to message jeno?

─── ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ───