Little Flower

The hardest part of life is how I have no one around anymore. As I write this I am sitting in a chair, surrounded by the never ending luxuries of my life, all I can think of is how badly I want my youth, well my younger self back.

Back then I didn't know what could of happened to my family, I never thought I would be without them.

I would run around the Versailles Gardens as I chuckled playing with a friend. My blondish brown hair would get into my face as I laid down on the grass laughing to myself about it. My light blue silk dress filled with dirt speckles and a small bit of loose grass. The ribbon in my hair had fallen next to me.

My mother the Queen would laugh as she picked me up and brought me to her sheep. Oh I loved the sheep they were so cute, sweet, and fluffy. My hand softly went onto the sheets furs and pets it lightly. Mom laughed as she put a flower in my hair and I took the flower out and put it in her blonde locks.

"Oh sweetie the flower is for you"

I shook my head, "I wanted to give it to you though mom..."

My mother smiled proudly as she put me down and brought me inside her private mansion right by the gardens. The place was nice and far from the creepy old people which would always bow and curtsy and be rather annoying. It was away from the hardships and best of all, far from the weird noble boys.

My maid sighed as she saw me all dirty, my new dress ruined in the dirt. The maid grabbed my hand as I chuckled at her. The maid was around 17 years old and I was 6. We got along well since we were close in age compared to me and the other maids.

My mother and the maid went to the room I usually stayed in. I followed them to my usual room and then took off my dress and slipped on the clean one the maid had in her hands. I felt like a big kid getting dressed myself.

I then ran to my mother and hugged her tightly. My mother and I were close unlike my mother and my brother. I was the daughter and my little brother the son. It does not help that he is a sickly child always needing care on top of being the heir to France.

"Oh Thérèse I have a little surprise for you my sweetheart"

I stared into my mothers light blue Austrian eyes trying to figure out what she was going to say. Mom usually showed before explaining things so it definitely was a odd surprise

"How would you feel sweetie if you were going to have another little brother or a little sister?" She said nervously not knowing how I would react to such news. Maybe she thought I would be upset with having another younger sibling?

Truth was I loved my little brother a lot and always wanted another little brother or even a little sister. "Really? I would love another little sibling" I spoke with a bright child like smile. Then I looked around for the baby not knowing where this new sibling was.

"Your new sibling is in my belly" My mother laughed at my confusion and innocence, "would you like to feel the little baby?"

I quickly put my hand on my moms stomach to feel kicking from this baby, it made me laugh a bit, "The baby is kicking mom how doesn't it hurt"

"When you were in there you kicked way more, oh you were running around like you do now in the gardens. I guess you didn't like being stuck in one place"

I laughed as the maid fixed my blondish brown hair half up half down with a ribbon. Once the maid was done, I sat on my bed watching the sun set. "Are we going to dinner mom?"

Marie nods, "Indeed before we are late we do not want your father to be looking for us". My mother was a very sweet woman, always caring for me, my sister and everyone else of the sort. I would never want anything bad too happen to her, especially since it seems everyone else didn't like her.

I got up from bed as I went to my mother holding her hand softly. I wish now I never let go, as in nine years she would die right by cold hearted Jacobins.

Once my mother and I got back to the palace, we met my father in a formal dining room. There my uncles and cousins were sitting there all waiting on me and my mother.

At the time I wasn't fond of my uncle Louis or cousins. They would always bother me with stupid questions and favored my three year old brother cause of his gender.

"Ahh so the Austrian and the little princess finally showed up?" My uncle Charles commented, as he jokingly rolled his eyes at my mother.

I giggled at my favorite uncle finding it funny, my mother laughed as well, she found it a bit ironic only me and her were late.

"Well Charles the Austrian is never late, simply everyone else is early." My mother spoke laughing, my father chuckled as well before signaling to the servants to start serving food.

Our food for the night as usual was grand, oh the cooks were amazing and the food was always so good. I still miss the food years later, I tried to find the same chefs but they were all working in other countries or simply refused my offer to work back in the royal household.

My father of course had to take the first bite of food as he was the King, though my mom started eating before him without a care in the world. Now I think it was just her pregnancy cravings getting the best of her.

Then everyone started to eat. As I started to ate my cousin Louis would laugh at me because my hair was a little in my face, he then joked about me to my other cousin, his brother Charles.

I ignored it as I usually do and just ate my food in peace, I don't remember the rest of the dinner, only when after me and my parents were sitting all together in the drawing room.

I went and sat next to my dad, he was a kind man as well, though more reserved then my mom. He barley spoke unless he saw the need to. Though he always talked when it was just me and mother.

"Thérèse dear, how was your day"

He purposely asked me to see if I spoke well and was able to communicate. He was secretly testing my intelligence and made sure I was smart, luckily I was.

"It was good, I played with the sheep's though the maid got annoyed cause my dress got dirty"

My father laughed as he hugged me, his hugs were the best cause they either meant he was comforting me or he was proud, this one was cause he was proud.

"How was your day papa?"

I spoke looking up at him, he sighed clearly wished I did not bring up his day, it probably sucked now thinking about all the drama and paperwork, though he lied to make me smile.

"It was great sweetie, probably better then yours as I had a meeting with your uncle Orleans, we were actually talking about you"

Now I know why they were talking about me, for a marriage alliance and potential candidacy. Though my dad did not want the thought of marrying someone in my head as a six year old. He knew what it did to my mother knowing so young she was going to have to marry a stranger.

"Why were you talking about me papa?"

"Well dear... it doesn't matter, now go up to your room and get some rest for tomorrow"

I nodded my head as I ran up to my rooms. They were peaceful as my maids waited for me. They put me in my little nightgown and put me in my huge bed.

"Goodnight your highness" They spoke quietly as they bowed and turn left me in my room alone.

I just went to sleep so fast being tired from my day's adventure. Now I can barley get myself to sleep as I'm always stressing about something. I am a full on insomniac. I get up all through the night and only sleep 3 hours total.

I wish for these days back, I would of ever imagined what would happen years later.