Chapter 18

The car ride to the palace was a silent one as Adhiraj didn't ask her anything, neither a=told her to shift meetings or remind her of her mistakes. Just silence because he was busy on the freaking phone. She tried to talk to him, but he replied in one word. Walking behind him she entered her room.

Adhiraj had asked the house helps to prepare dinner from the day she had started working. And these days, the reason for her eating the first bite from his plate had completely changed. Earlier it was to humiliate her but now it was because it had become a habit for him and her to have the first bite from his plate. He always waited for the to finish praying, hence starting dinner together.

Changing into comfortable Pj, Kaira oiled her hair, combing them into a braid. She had promised herself to forget about Adhiraj's behavior, all she cared about was food and then sleep.

"What have you made?" She entered the kitchen whistling with her hands in the pockets of the Pj.

"Dal chawal (Dal and rice)" The house help replied to her with a smile as Kaira opened the lids and smelled the aroma of the delicious dinner.

"Nicee. Am super hungry that if I don't get food right now I'll become Hangry" Kaira joked as the househelps in the kitchen rolled their eyes at her dead joke.

"Guys, am still the queen. You can't just roll your eyes at me. I'll complain to Rana ji" Kaira said eating the fried carrot.

"Go on child" The chef said encouragingly.

"None of you take me seriously just because I act good to you all. Come to office, I'll see how you all joke about me" She said dramatically, before moving out of the kitchen with the fried beans and fried carrots. Sitting in the dining room, she seasoned them with salt and pepper making it up to her taste. Scrolling through instagram, her phone suddenly vibrated indicating that someone was calling her.

A smile formed on her face seeing the caller id.

"KAYUUU" A screeching voice was heard, making Kaira put the phone away from her ear.

"Do video call, I've to show you something" Ruhanika said excitedly.

"Fine" Kaira switched to video call and looked at her bored.

"What do you have to show me?" She asked trying to look at her background to see if there was anything exciting.

"This" Ruhanika held her left hand out for Kaira to see. Kaira noticed a simple gold band on her ring finger.

"Fuck fuck fuck. When did this happen?" Kaira stood up in surprise screaming in happiness and jumping. On the other hand Ruhanika also jumped in her place.

"So we went like for this picnic kind of a thing with my family. We all were just setting things and then all of a sudden he goes on his knee. Mum, dad everyone was there and can you belive it, dad cheered from behind for me to accept Rudra's proposal" Ruhanika's eyes sparkled like a star.

"That's just so romantic. Straight out of a novel" Kaira looked at her dreamingly extremely happy for her.

"I know right" Ruhanika said smiling widely.

"By the way, why wasn't I told about this earlier? Oh wait, don't. Must be uncle and aunty again. They didn't come for the wedding even. Don't even get me started on Ro and bhabhs, they ditched the wedding for personal fun" Kaira said feigning anger.

"Kayu. You know why they couldn't come. Mum and dad had gone to nana's place. He had a stroke, and you know dad. He's more attached to nanu then mum. And Ro and bhabhs didn't go out on a date, instead they went in a suit and saree to the hospital. If there's someone who should be blamed its me. I chose my date with Rudra over the wedding" Ruhanika said feeling extremely guilty for hurting Kaira's heart.