𝐹𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒- 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑟 𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛𝑡𝑜𝑤𝑛

"Thanks-" Steve nodded as he leaned forward in his seat, reaching outwards with his arms to grab the incoming meal. "Appreciate it."

"Bon Appétit." Robin replied to him, making her own way towards the couch seat beside.

The bowl steamed in her hands as she placed it down onto her lap, crossing her legs beneath as she made use of what was comfortable. The material covering her knees grew tighter as it stretched.

Steve had already made a start on his food, fork grasped in hand and pasta piling on. He took another mouthful as Robin took her first, swallowed, and then turned to her.

"Ok, get this," he restarted like the gossip he was, "I think me and Heidi are actually gonna get places, y'know?"

Robin blinked as she processed the words. In the whole events of Nancy, she had completely forgotten the main task all together. It wasn't about her and Nancy at all, it was about Steve and whoever he was dating at the time.

In all honesty, she didn't know how she was meant to go on with it.
"Really? That's, uh, great, Steve."

The man seemed completely oblivious as his friend lowered her head.

"I know, right? I've planned another date- and I think we'd be fine on our own- but, it's tradition at this point, so you and Nance are welcome to tag along like always, of course."

"Brilliant." It wasn't. "Where is it?"

"The roller rink downtown... I know, risky, right? But she said that she enjoys it there, so."

Robin nodded quietly, chewing her mouthful. She had placed down her fork, though, since her appetite was slowly sinking.
"Now that's somewhere I haven't been in a while- think I've even still got the pair of skates I stole one time."

Harrington blinked, a small smirk rising on his unbelieving expression.
"You stole some skates?"

"Not on purpose, jackass. My group was just, uh, being difficult, I guess. Ended up leaving on my own- skates still on feet."

"Fair play. Those were your old band friends, right? Dash, Milton, Kate, etcetera?"

"Yeah."

"How come you left?" He questioned, tilting his head slightly in worried curiosity. He had now picked up that Robin was acting quieter than usual.

"I don't really remember much, but... I dunno, I think Kate and Dash were trying to set me up with Milton. It was stupid, really. It wasn't even long after Dash had tried to kiss me, too."

Saying that she didn't remember much was an understatement. She remembered how uncomfortable she had felt- how trapped she had felt before she left, too- but she couldn't let Steve know that. Not then. Not for a while.

"He tried to kiss you? But wasn't he with Kate?" Was her friend's response, leaning in as his jaw opened slightly.

She bit the inside of her cheek.
"Yeah, but, irrelevant. So, the roller rink, yeah?"

"Yup. Few days time. Do you think Nancy'll come?"

Buckley bit down harder at the mention of the name- at the possibility that life would carry on as it had been doing.
"I guess so."

"Have you seen her since she was ill? I'm guessing that she'll be better now."

"No."

"Heard from her?"

"...no."

"Damn. Well, I'll leave it to you to ask her, since you're always the one to let her know about this sorta stuff."

Obviously, Steve had no idea how Robin was feeling, and there were moments like that one where she had wished that he could truly read her mind.

Of course, the two of them had the typical best-friend-telepathy and could speak entire conversation through gesture alone, but she had always thought that it'd be handy to have just a bit more.
If El had mind powers as powerful as she did, couldn't she of just... spared some?

But, of course, that'd mean that Steve would know the truth, and Steve could not know what had happened. Not then, and probably not ever.

And that was the scary part.

The cat would be out of the bag soon enough- she could feel it.

"Yeah, okay, fine."

It was not fine in the slightest.