*~*Chapter 1 *~*

From the moment Merlin arrived in Camelot he and Arthur immediately felt a connection and for a year their love for one another was kept a secret from the people of Camelot and more importantly the king. Today started off just like any other Merlin was up early to fetch the prince his breakfast after which he made his way to Arthur's chambers to wake him and help his prepare for his training session with the knights. 

Once Arthur was dressed Merlin picked up the basket with all the dirty laundry in and made his way towards the door he opened it as Arthur quickly crossed his chamber and said 'Merlin wait I need to give you something' Merlin turned around expecting Arthur to hand him more washing but instead he felt Arthur's soft lips against his and Arthur's left hand snaking it's way round his waist as he deepened the kiss leaving Merlin's lips tingling. 

Merlin and Arthur were so lost in the kiss that they didn't know one of the newest knights had seen them kissing and he went straight to the king. As he walked into the council chambers he saw Uther sat looking over some maps, the king looked up and said 'How can I help you Sir Eric' the knight looked down at the floor as he said 'I saw something this morning sire whilst I was walking from my chambers' Uther's interest heightened so he looked up and gave the knight his full attention as he said 'I saw the young prince kissing his manservant Merlin'. 

Uther instantly filled with rage he dismissed the young knight and called the two guards in before saying 'Find me Merlin and bring him to me'. 

Merlin was sat in the armoury cleaning Arthur's shield when the two guards burst through the door and grabbed him roughly pulling his arms behind his back before clasping a pair of irons round his wrists, as they dragged him down the corridor Merlin shouted 'Please I haven't done anything wrong, please let me go'. He was pushed into the council chambers and shoved to his knee's in front of King Uther who looked at Merlin like he was nothing more than a filthy servant, he slowly rose to his feet and said 'What made you think it was acceptable to kiss my son, you are nothing but a serving boy' Merlin looked up at Uther and said 'We didn't do anything wrong it was just a kiss'. 

The whole room fell silent as Uther struck Merlin across the face before replying 'My son will one day be the king of Camelot I cannot have him marry someone as ill-bred as you, therefore I must remove you from my kingdom', the king motioned and two guards appeared either side of Merlin and picked him up off the ground as Uther said 'Take him to the slave auction at the northern border and sell him cheap, he's not worth much'. 

It was late afternoon when Arthur arrived back from patrol with the knights, as he rode into the citadel Morgana approached him he jumped down from his horse and walked over to her there was a tone of sadness in her voice as she said 'Arthur it's Merlin he's gone your father found out that you and Merlin have been in love with each-other', Arthur ran into the council chambers and shouted 'Where is he where is Merlin'. Uther pushed aside the trade route maps he was looking at and moved his gaze to Arthur and said 'He's gone you won't be seeing him again, I've done this for your own good one day you'll thank me for it', Arthur turned around walked towards the doors the guards opened them and as he walked out he said 'I will never forgive you for this'. 

*~*~*~* Line Break *~*~*~*

Cold wet and hungry was how Merlin felt curled up in the back of the cage wagon he was woken by lot's of noise from people talking he pushed himself up and looked out of the bars at the dark grey slave market they'd just stopped in, already he could feel hundreds of eyes staring at him and not necessarily for the right reasons. One of the guards pulled open the door and dragged Merlin out pf the wagon by the rope leash around his wrists, he was pulled through the market until they reached the auction stage. Thousands of people placed bids on Merlin and Merlin instantly wished that death would take him rather than spend the rest of his life in pain, suddenly the crowds went silent and Merlin looked behind him and three male dwarves were riding up the main street. 

Merlin noticed that the three dwarves were all wearing crowns finer than anything he'd seen so he guessed they were royalty, one of the dwarves dismounted his horse and walked through the crowd towards Merlin he stopped in front of him and said to the guards 'How much for this fine boy' both guards laughed before one of them said 'King Uther insisted he be sold cheap so ten pounds should do it'. 

The dwarf looked at Merlin and said 'Do you know who I am' Merlin shook his head and looked down at the muddy pavement as the dwarf spoke again 'My name is Thorin Oakenshield I am the king of Erebor, and these are my nephews Fili and Kili. Would you like to come with us'. Merlin gave a small nod still feeling afraid and weary of his new master, Thorin handed the guards a small pouch containing the money. 

Merlin looked up as one of the other dwarves approached him this one had long black hair much like Thorin's he held out his hand which Merlin took and he lead him over to his horse which was a magnificent white stallion, Kili climbed into the saddle and then helped Merlin up behind him. As they left the slave market Merlin quietly asked 'Where are we going' the dwarf with the golden hair said 'to your new home Erebor'.

Merlin had never seen anything quite as eye opening as the sight of the lonely mountain that appeared out of the mist, the doors opened and as the horses entered the torches on the walls lit up brightly revealing the magnificent city deep within the mountain.

Fili helped Merlin down from Kili's horse and said 'Welcome Merlin to Erebor'. Merlin couldn't believe his eyes this kingdom was like nothing he'd ever seen, Thorin stepped up beside Merlin and said 'Impressive isn't it, come we'll show you around and introduce you to the rest of my company'.