Reason No. 1

"First day of school, and I am so happy to see you in the same class as me, M/n!" Hinata shouted happily to see you sitting right behind him, dragging all the attention to the two of you and getting concern from the odd looking duo. "Me too." Your natural gloomy look was what caught their attention, your hair fell down to your eyes as your monotone voice made it seem like you were pulling those words out of your ass forcefully. Although, Hinata has known you since you two were little to not understand your emotions. Yes, you always somehow kill the mood, but he actually finds it very amusing and is happy to see you're trying to change for him even if some other eyes don't see it. "Are you joining the volleyball team...?" Hinatas eyes had quickly widened to their shiny glowing ones as he shoved those orange honey like orbs at your plain face, happy that you brought up his favorite subject. "Yes I am! Are you joining me?" You shook your head and looked to the side, eyes glued to the floor, "No...I don't want to..." Hinata frowns, but then pat your back to comfort you, "Don't worry about it, M/n! I know you'll find a good club that will suit you!"

Few weeks later, you never actually joined a club–in fact you never even bothered to find one in the first place. Yes, the teachers were on your ass about it, but you always pushed it off and acted like you're trying your best to get to know each, but that wasn't what concerned you. It was your childhood friend, Hinata Shoyo. Lately, he has been depressed in each class and will always act like he's okay whenever you ask him about it. "Is there anything you want me to do to make you feel better...?" Hinata shook his head, "No I'm actually okay..." "?" "..." You tilt your head to the side, hair moving to see Hinata officially and fully. "Join the volleyball team!"

"Ukai-san!" Ukai quickly snapped his head forward to see Takeda waiting for him at the entry of Karasuno High. Right as he walked past the soon to be close gates he stood a few feet away from his team and raised a brow. "Wassup?" Takeda-sensei smiled warmly and fixed his glasses, giving the sign to the coach that this is a serious matter. "Is it about tomorrow's match with Seijou?" Takeda shook his head, "We have a new member!" Ukai widened his mouth and eyes, "W-What?" Takeda nodded with such determination and then pointed towards the way to the gym. "The team is actually seeing how good he really is right now!" Ukai gasped and then told Takeda to follow him as he ran to see for himself.

But, you're actually trash at this sport. The moment you tried to serve, your timing with jumping and hitting the ball was completely ASS. You landed back on your feet and waited, but the ball bounced on your head and flopped to the ground, rolling away from you. "..." The gym was quiet. Hinata was the only one making a sound by just laughing awkwardly, "I-I promise he's g-good!" Suga groaned as he ruffled his hair, Tsukishima just smirked at how awful you are, and the rest were just giving pity looks. You, being clueless from their stares, threw the ball upwards once again, "U-Umm...are you sure that you used to play–?!" Sawamura was quickly interrupted  by the doors sliding so violently, the stares of the whole gym now were glued to the female, who decided to violate the door. "M/n, you ass! You're the worst, I'm breaking up with you!"

SLAM!

The female left, leaving the whole room in silence. Though, what destroyed such thick tension was you.

SMASH!

POP!

The team widened their eyes to see your form becoming so perfect, when you slapped the ball across the whole court by the end of the line and completely popping the ball with your strength, left them all in fear. "M/n! Do it again!" Hinata shouted with such weird tone as he threw another ball at your way, making you destroy another ball once it landed on the other side of the court.

SLAM!

SLIDE!

"AMAZING! DO  IT AGAIN!" Ukai shouted so happily and energetic once his eyes landed on your form.

"N-No way!"

"Awesome!"

The team was getting so hyped, well some of them since a few started to envy you. But they ruined the moment because once they started shouting such nice words, Hinata began to freak out by how nice everyone was, which had caused you to drop completely on the floor, face slamming so violently. "Are you okay?!" Sawamura and Suga ran to your aid, leaving the rest to awkwardly stare at you. Sitting up and letting them know that you are okay, Hinata walked up to his two senpais, "M-M/n actually doesn't do well with positive words!" Sugar tilted his head, "What do you mean?" "Well..."

"Yeah, what are you saying!" Ukai's voice caught everyone by surprise. They all turned to look at their coach and quickly greeted him for his arrival. Though, the male ignored them and made his way in front of you, looking down at you with his hand rubbing his chin. "M/n actually works better when...well when he's negative...i-it's weird, but that's the way h-he works!"

"Why do you talk about him as if he's a toy..." Tsukishima commented on the side. Kageyama was getting more confused the more his partner continued to speak random words out his mouth, and of course Tanaka and Nishinoya just blinked like idiots in the background as Yamaguchi just awkwardly stood stiff at the fact that you only function when you're depressed. "Are you saying his ex, coming here, breaking up with him made him actively better?" Hinata nodded in a way, "Well yeah, but not just that! Insulting him, bullying him, and actually telling he sucks works a lot better..." "..." Suga laughed nervously, "That's...harsh." "What kinda sick mind game is this..." Ukai mumbled to himself, but to be honest he likes the idea. Ukai then stared back at you, "STand up." You did as told and wobbled your way back to your two feet. Ukai gawked once he noticed how tall and frail you look, 'He's skinny...? But I just saw his muscles earlier with that spike...?' Ukai shook his head, he was hoping that old age isn't coming to hunt him yet and looked back up at you. "Tell me your name."

"L/n M/n..."

Ukai shivered at your monotone voice, jeez how depressed can you be?!

"HAGHHH!? You think you're better than us...?!"

"You trying to feed your ego, huh?!"

"Ummm, no..." Everyone now silently stood stiff as your cold voice echoed in the gym room. Especially Nishinoya and Tanaka, who just tried calling you out, but now stood like idiots and saw you grow more gloomy due to your mind growing about your current ex breaking up with you a few minutes ago.