Chapter One: Percy

Percy's last few hours has been pretty bad, even before the owl showed up. He woke up to the ever so familiar sound of Leo "experimenting" (another term for blowing stuff up) in the center of the cabins. Of corse, he wasn't the only one that woke up, but it was especially harsh on him.

    The previous night, Clarisse dominated the red team in capture the flag, and electrocuted Percy enough to turn him into an overdone filet. He scored his average of 0 when Selena came to inspect the cabins tidiness. Unlike the other cabins, his was completely abandoned, except for him, of course.

    During sword fighting, Luke managed to do some pretty bad damage to Percy, as well. It may of been the

worst

24

hours

ever.

    It was only the beginning of August, but he seemed to have been at Camp Half Blood for years (with numerous scars and scratches to prove it). Annabeth seemed just as exhausted and beat up as Percy did, also. Leo was ever so reckless, attempting to upgrade from his regular tinkers to a full scale, bronze dragon that he found blueprints for in Bunker Nine.

    Percy slipped out of his bed and rested his feet on the cool, wooden floor. He stood up and looked around the cabin, which still remained a complete disaster. He quickly got dressed into a pair of ripped khaki shorts and a charred white tee (thanks, Leo).

    Percy stepped out of Cabin 3 and immediately reported to the Mess Hall.

When he arrived, he went to the buffet full of organic breakfast foods that Chiron insisted they eat, since it was supposedly "better than Coca Puffs".

    He grabbed some cereal, orange juice, and waffles and took a seat at the ever so lonely Poseidon table.

    Percy began to eat when he suddenly realized that an magnificent white owl had perched itself in front of of him. The owl gave a loud "hoot" and dropped the red envelope that was in its beak.

    Percy was now not the only one who was staring suspiciously at the bird, now kids from all other cabins were looking at him.

    Grover and Annabeth walked up to the owl and Grover rested his hand on his back, and began to stoke its snowy feathers.

    "Percy? Why is there an owl here?" Piper asked, suddenly emerging from the crowd, eyeing the Athena cabin.

    "I... I don't know. It just appeared!" Percy exclaimed. He reached out for the letter in front of him, and opened it.

    Inside, there was a white piece of parchment with an odd, red, yellow, green, and blue crest embed on it. Written under it, it read:

Mr. P Jackson

Cabin 3

3.141 Farm Road

Long Island Sound, New York

    Annabeth's eyes eyes widens dramatically. "What in the gods-"

    She was interrupted by Chiron's bellowing foot steps coming into the Hall. "What is going on?" He stopped to look at Percy and the owl. "What is that? Cabin 6! Why is there an owl-"

    "Chiron, I got a letter" Percy interpreted.

    Chiron trotted towards Percy, and snatched the letter out of his hands. "Good gods, what's this? How does the sender know this information? We're completely concealed from the mortal world, who is the sender, anyway?"

    Annabeth shook her head "We don't know. It's only the owl."

    "Can I have it back, please?" Percy asked politely.

    Although he appeared stubborn, Chiron gave the letter back to Percy.

    "Open it!" screamed a few kids from the Aphrodite Cabin.

    Percy placed his hand over the crest, lifted it, and unfolded the paper to reveal two sides of fancily written font.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Minerva McGonagall

Dear Mr Jackson,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

    "What does this mean?" Annabeth asked. "Is this inviting you to another school... for, WIZARDS?"

    Percy nodded. "I think so. Gods, I can't believe this! THIS IS AWESOME!"

    "There's more! Percy! On the back!" yelled Mitchell from the Aphrodite Cabin.

    "There is!" said Clarisse excitedly (wow, I thought she couldn't get more excited after the light show last night).

    Percy flipped the parchment around and read:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM

First-year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes(black)

2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

3. One pair of protective gloves (dragonhide or similar)

4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.

COURSE BOOKS

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1)

by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic

by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory

by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration

by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi

by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions

by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection

by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set brass scales

Students may also bring, if they desire, an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS

ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK

    "Broomstick? What's that supposed to mean?" Percy asked.

    "No clue-" Annabeth began.

    "Chiron! What's that?" Leo yelled, pointing at the sky. More owls seemed to be soaring down from above, each carrying a red envelope alike the one Percy had just received. Four landed, one in front on Annabeth, Leo, Piper, and Nico.

    Each of them opened their letters, and Annabeth exclaimed "We're invited too!"