Fathers and sons

(Short chapter)

"So this is what we're doing, huh? We're just gonna forget about John B? We should never have left him. We're turning back around." JJ says, pacing the length of the boat with a racing heart.

"No! We're all gonna get caught. What type of plan is that?" Cleo yells, blocking JJ's path.

"It's a plan to stick together, Cleo!" JJ yells.

"Then we are dead together!" She shouts, her anger leveling with JJ's.

"She's right. We had to leave, or we'd all be zip-tied in the back of a pickup!" Kie says, shaking her head at JJ. "We did the right thing." She says it as if convincing herself.

A loud and sudden phone ring breaks off their conversation and Jade picks it up looking at the name. 

"Who's that?" JJ asks, walking over to her.

"It's Portis. John B." She says, looking up at him.

"Oh shit." JJ swears, grabbing the phone and answering it. "Yo, Yo! John B is this you?" 

"Yeah, yeah it's me."

"Speaker. Speaker!" Pope says, the four of them now standing in a circle around the blond.

"Hey, just give us a second to turn around." JJ says.

"No, don't worry about it." John B's voice comes through the phone patchy and static.

"Yo, say it again." JJ says, trying to decipher his words with a frown on his face.

"Don't worry about me." John B says. "Look it's way too hot out here. You gotta get out of here."

"Let me talk to him." Sarah says, grabbing the phone and switching places with JJ so he's now steering.

"Dad- ali- List- Kildare...- There."  John B's voice becomes worse and Sarah struggles to understand what he's trying to say.

"John B? Kildare? What are you talking about?" Sarah asks, stressing about finding out what he's saying.

"Go-" His words cut off when the phone call fails.

"John B? No, no, no. John B!" Sarah shouts desperate to hear her partner's voice. She throws the phone on the couch and huffs before speaking again. "Kildare. What the hell?" Sarah says.

"You guys think he found his father?" Cleo asks.

"He's been missing for almost a year." Pope says, shrugging his shoulders.

"Sarah what do you think?" Kie asks, looking at her friend. "Should we go back?" 

"Sarah- We're sitting ducks." JJ says, looking around the water for any sign of attack.

Jade looks at her sister and sees her panicked state before speaking for her. "No. Let's go back home. To OBX." She touches her sister's shoulder who nods her head.

"He said go. Go." She says, walking down to below.

"I- Ok." JJ says, nodding his head and revving the engine to full power.

"JJ, we had to go." Jade says, the two of them now alone. "We had too. You know that." She explains grabbing his shoulder gently.

"Yeah. I know. I just... We just got The Pogues back together and I don't want to be apart again, you know?" He says, gripping her hips.

"Of course, Jay." She smiles sadly. She places her hands on his cheeks and softly swiping her thumb across his cheek bone. "We'll get him back. Come on, baby. You know him." She smiles tightly. "He's got the survival instincts of a cockroach."

"He does, doesn't he?" He smiles at her, his eyes shimmering as he looks at her. He leans in and kisses her hungrily, pulling her closer flush against his body. He grabs the back of her neck and desperately tugs at her pyjama shirt, trying to pull it up.

Jade smiles and pulls away from his hold, laughing at his shocked expression. "Uh, uh, uh." She tutted, fixing her shirt.

"Please, baby." JJ groans, throwing his head back.

"No." She laughs. "You stink, J." She laughs even harder at his offended face. "We both do!" She adds. "Look when we get back... and shower, we'll catch up on everything we missed out on."

"But on the Island-" JJ goes to save his case, remembering the sex they had.

"On the Island we were both losing our minds." (Some more than others) "And we needed a release. Which we both got." She turns around and shows him her now slightly scaring back with a few scabs. "See?" She smiles. "Worth it though." She kisses him softly before walking toward the other girls.

They had just left port on an Island which Pope and Cleo had managed to steal some food from.

"Not long until we're home Jay." Jade smiles.

"Yeah." He says, looking down sadly.

"Hey. It's fine." Jade says, Leaning closer to him.

"I just feel like we were safe on the island. We were all together and happy." JJ smiles at the memories they had all created.

"JJ. I hated it there." Jade looks down at the ground her face sad.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"I was alone. Sarah and John B were together, Cleo and Pope and you... you were with Kie." She says it ashamed of herself as she now knew why they spent so much time together... but it still hurt. 

"Baby, Kie-" JJ tried justifying his actions before he was cut off.

"I know JJ. She told me. And I'm so happy that you were there for her but... it still hurt me." She says, tears filling her eyes.

"I'm sorry. I am so sorry. I just wanted to be there for her, and I was too selfish to help you as well. I love you baby. I love you so much. If I could go back, I would be a proper boyfriend and a good friend to Kie." JJ says, pulling his girlfriend in for a warm hug. "I can't wait to get back to OBX as well baby. Just for all the catching up we're going to do." He smirks, kissing the top of her head as he hears her chuckle as well.

"I love you, Jay." She smiles, nestling into his chest.

Welllll...

Next chapter I'm super excited about cause there is... 

you really thought I'd tell y'all?

enjoy!