The Diary

"Welcome to The Outer banks, Cleo." Pope smiles at the girl as the now 5 remaining Pogues walk along the docks towards Heyward's house.

"You're crazy, Pope." Cleo laughs, taking in the beautiful sunset. "You're parents aren't going to mind me shacking with you?" She interrogates.

"Of course they will. Are you kidding?" Pope scoffs, "Heyward might put you to work, but we could always use the help." Pope smiles.

"I don't know, man. You sure?" She looks down at the old wood and thinks back to the last time she had something close to a family back in Barbados.

"Yeah, look, he might squark a little bit, but let me talk to him. We'll figure it out." He smiles, patting Cleo's shoulder.

Kie sighs at the sight of her house and dreading the people inside of it. "This is me." She says, opening the gate and walking through it.

"Damn, Kiara. You live here?" Cleo says, looking around at the large white house with a pool in the front lawn. "This is like the white house, man." Cleo laughs.

"How bad you think it's gonna be?" Pope asks, watching the curly haired girl walk up the steps.

"Scale of one to ten?" Kie asks, looking back at them. "Twenty." She shakes her head at the thought.

"Do you want us to hold up here?" Jade asks. "In case of emergency escape?"

"No, I... I gotta take this. Thanks for walking me." She smiles at Jade and pulls her in for a quick hug. "Bye." 

The couple walk up to JJ's house hand in hand. "Jesus." Jade mutters, looking at the run-down house with bright yellow eviction sign plastered to the door. 

"JJ," Jade says softly, watching as the boy walks up to the door and rips off the sign.

"It doesn't matter. I hate this place anyway." JJ says, scoffing and kicking an old beer can.

"JJ... let's just..." Jade stops, trying to think of what to do to help her boyfriend. "Let's Just go to Tanny Hill. We can shower and change and go to sleep. In a real bed." Jade says, grabbing his arm.

"Yeah... I need to change anyway." He says, his voice still seeming distant. 

"JJ." Jade says, snapping him out of his trance.

"Ok. Come on baby. Let's go." JJ says, grabbing her hand and taking them toward his bike. "Let's hope it still works." He mumbles, revving the engine to life. "Let there be life... or something like that." He mumbles the last part of his words as he kicks his leg over, straddling the seat.

Jade does the same thing behind him and wraps her arms around his torso. He takes off when Jade says she's ok and they both begin the 20 minutes journey to Tanny Hill.