I missed you

Third's Pov

3 years ago

'The true divine power of Eida... Omnipotence.' Momoshiki said with a grin.

Boruto was now more confused than he ever was. Omnipotence? That's what that extremely big light was? Is that the reason why Mitsuki's attacking him?!

"Eida?!- Now what's going on here?!"

'Omnipotence is an ultimate divine technique used only by an omniscient and omnipotent god. A divine technique within a divine technique. It's all resulting from her "charm", the ability that not even her herself can control.'

Boruto had to dodge another attack, but most of his attention went straight to Momoshiki.

'It is said that "God" used it in the process of creating the world. The absolute will that materialises everything... A programming language for "Creation", so to speak. That's what "Omnipotence" is.'

Boruto continued to dodge the attacks as he started to run away so he can drift all of his attention to the information he's getting.

'It is not something to be controlled by a mere girl who is not even an Otsutsuki. The true nature of her "charm" power. Materialised by "omnipotence", it is merely the result of Eida's latent desire.'

Boruto frowned after hearing this.

"Latent..... Desire?"

Momoshiki stopp d grinning a while ago, surprising Boruto at how determined he was to exactly explain what that ability was and what it has done.

'Amado has no way of knowing.... Looking at the results alone, it's understandable that one will conclude that this is a divine technique. Amd this phenomenon that's happening right now.....

....is the embodiment of Kawaki's "desire".'

Boruto's eyes widened.

'He activates his omnipotence through Eida. Boruto... Your position and that of Kawaki's...... have been reversed.'

Now Boruto wasn't only confused, but also angry. Reversed?! What did that even mean? It meant probably nothing, but Mitsuki attacking him was truly proving the opposite.

"Me and Kawaki......are reversed? What does that mean?! I didn't switch places with him!"

'It's not that kind of technique. It's not switching your places as in location. It's people's memories that have been changed. Their shared recognition of the two of you. The consciousness of people are originally connected through their chakra. For a "God", it's not impossible to alter this.'

Momoshiki's eyes drifted to Boruto, watching through him as if he wasn't even there.

'Didn't you ever think about it? How many times have the "memories" of you mankind been tempered with? It was by the hand of the Otsutsukis, who once became gods...'

Boruto was getting frustrated. Did that mean that now he was an outsider? To his own village, family and friends?

'You and Kawaki are Otsutsukis, so "omnipotence" doesn't affect you at all, neither does it affect Eida, the Caster...
You're lucky, Uzumaki Boruto, that somehow the Uchiha girl didn't seem affected by the technique.... But everyone else suffers the omnipotence.'

Boruto felt anger boil inside him. He finally understood the whole situation...

"So that means that...-"