The kiss

BALLROOM DANCING — THAT WAS LADY Belva's idea of punishment. Ro was sniggering at a corner and Sandor had the grace to look amused, seeing that he had danced with Grizel in silver pants. Sophie scowled at the teacher, mentally. Given the choice, she would have taken the screeching sirens any day.

The desks were shoves to the side so that the dances could be done in a line, like at old Edwardian balls. Keefe had tried to grab her as his partner but Lady Belve claimed him for herself and paired Sophie with Valin, one of Jensi's greasy, ponytailed friends. His palms were cold and sticky and a blob of drool settled in the corner of mouth and never went away. Sophie was almost willing to have Keefe instead.

Ro saw this and her grin faded, walking towards the both of them. Sophie was wondering what Ro was trying to do this time, fervently hoping it had nothing to do with her and Keefe. She looked at Keefe, who was equally confused. Ro was unfazed by the annoyed look Lady Belva shot her as she grabbed both Sophie and Keefe's wrist. Sandor flared slightly, hand reaching for the sword he had sheathed. She smirked at both of them and Sophie knew that whatever was going to happen next, was going to be a moment she hoped she could erase from memory.

"Still rooting for Sokeefe, so..." She yanked both arms sharply down infront of her, dragging the two of them along. Their hands flew out of their dance partner's hands as they slid across the floor. Sophie screamed a high pitch yelp and Keefe whispered Ron's name darkly under his breath. The duo turned themselves to prevent a collision but with only one hand, it was unsuccessfully successful. For Keefe at that moment, he would let Ro destroy everything his mother treasured or wanted.

Ro herself was unaware of what she had done and when she finally did notice, all she did was stand back and watch the scene unravel before her. As the distance between Sophie and Keefe's face closed, very rapidly, mind you. Sophie's genius brain finally registered what was about to happen. Oh good lord. The day has finally come. I'm gonna have to get a plastic surgery on my lips after this. Well, at least it's Keefe and not, Valin. She shuddered, trying to get rid of the image of Valin flying at her instead of Keefe. If it's gonna happen, I just wish to anyone that he's a good kisser.

Sophie crashed against Keefe, landing on the floor, Keefe's lips pressed against hers in a kiss. Valin groaned in disappointment, seeing his five seconds crush kissing a boy like Keefe, even if only accidental. He'd been stupid to like someone like her, knowing how all the parents gossiped about her being weird and a freak.

Barely letting their lips being in contact for more than a minute and with so many people watching, Sophie rolled off and stood up immediately. Both parties were blushing hard and going though several shades of red. Ro smirked at Sandor and cheered, "Best day of my life."

I'm so sorry if the ending sucked, I didn't know what to do. In the end, Sophie still danced with Valin out of embarrassment. Thanks for reading and check out my other works.