Prologue

Step...
Step...
Step..

The cathedral was quiet and it smelt like sweet cinnamon from the candles. The church dimmed from the lack of lighting. The figure took a few more steps then stopped.

"Do you know why I'm here?" It asked. Its voice was calm and soft but had a hint of annoyance behind its calm facade.

"Yes...to bring the...Dark Age." Said the pope. The pope's voice was shaking . He looked at the figure growing quite unnerved by its presence.

"That's right, and why do I bring this...Dark Age?" The figure questioned once again, "Actually don't answer that. You know why I bring this Dark age, Pope Leonardo" The figure placed his finger on the candle extinguishing the small fire.

"You humans seem to...repopulate this earth quite frequently. It's only been fifty years since we last met and the current count is currently 4.5B humans, don't you see how annoying that is. 4.5B humans to cause war and destruction.'' The figure glared at the pope.

"When we first met the current count was fifty million and that was before the Dark Age..."

Step...
Step...
Step...

"Please just give us humans more time to better our ways, surely bringing us into another Dark Age isn't the only way, Eris."

Eris paused. With one swift move he smacked the Pope in the face sending him flying into the walls of the Cathedral. "How dare you speak to me so casually, Pope. How dare you say such foolish things in my presence, you and I both know that you humans are never going to change your ways and especially You. You are no better than the humans you preach for. You're a filthy pope you bend and twist the rules to your liking making other humans suffer more. Tch..."

Eris pupils thinned out of pure annoyance. "Please Eris! Have mercy!"

"No"

"For this Dark Age I've decided to bring forth a disease, another plague if you will. It shall be referred to as the Black Death, and you Pope Leonardo will not be so lucky. I spared you because I thought that you were different from the other past Popes. But i was clearly fooled and I will never be fooled again." Eris snapped his fingers. "Now then, humble yourself as our new Dark Age begins."

Prologue End