Chapter One

For as long as I have existed, I was made to understand it is my job to hate Zeke Etim. Why? Maybe, it's because he is a stupid selfish, ashewo-ish, mad, useless bastard. Or it could be because he is the arch rival of my twin brother, Daniel. And as his twin, it is my job to also hate him.

Ugochukwu Ezekiel Etim, as his real name is, never existed in my life until I was eight years of age. The primary four teacher had announced we had a new student, and yes, that happened to be him.

I can vividly recall the frown he plastered on his face, giving off the impression that he wanted to be anyway but in this small populated classroom he was in. He seemed like a big snub, staying mute, refusing to introduce himself to the classroom, giving everyone one of us a dirty looks like we were lower than him. Our sweet teacher, Ms Emni , took no offence in this.

"Treat him well, everyone." She just instructed, adjusting her blue maxi dress.

Everyone just stared at him with mixed looks.

"Why don't you go to your seat, it must have been a rough ride from Ibadan to Lagos," She suggested. To that, he complied.

My seat mate shot him glares and stares- by that, I mean my twin brother, Daniel- He just couldn't understand why this boy was so rude and standoffish. Daniel thought he was supposed to be obedient to the teacher, but he had failed in that and he was to be punished.

"See how this one is looking as if he is Bill Gates son." Daniel whispered to me.

Unfortunately, our thoughts differed.

The only thought in my head was that Ugochukwu Ezekiel Etim was mad fine. My eyes couldn't help but stare at his pink luscious lips which suited that fair toffee complexion he had. His hair was cut short to look like an afro and not barbed to the ugly mess of an afari dun glued on the head of my brother and the rest of my classmates. He looked like freaking Chris Brown.

Unlike my brother, I didn't assume his silence for snobbishness, instead, I assumed it for mysteriousness. He was certainly the Nigerian version of the bad boys in the American teen movies, my cousin, Blessing, loved to watch.

I instantly fell for him.

It was now my chance to make him fall for me too. We would soon be married on the Effiel tower in paris, then blessed with two beautiful kids. Well, a girl could dream.

I was very shy and reserved, but this boy was hot, my shyness flew out of the window. I had to make this boy my husband.

As he walked over to his seat, which luckily, was at the back of mine, I fixed my shirt and premade my smile. Then soon proceeded to bring out my hand to him to shake him, placing my hand in his way.

"Hey, my name is Daniella Giwa, but you can call me Ella. Wanna be friends?"

My heart did a lap dance when his eyes turned in my direction, to land on me-was he going to kiss me?- but the same heart died when rolled his eyes and slapped away my hand.

Stunned was the expression that could describe what could describe what I felt at that moment. My eyes had already began to water, how could he step on my love? Maybe I had over dreamt but still, that was snobbishness pro max nah.

The shy girl in me was so embarrassed. I shouldn't have approached him like that. My first instinct was to apologize, and so I opened my mouth to do so.

"Idiot, see his face like goat. Deaf and dumb, even with your condition, you should be glad someone asked you to their friend."

The class burst out in laughter.