Chapter 1: A Regular Day

The alarm goes off. I reach over and turn it off. I pull the covers over my aching body. I go to my small closet, and pull on some old clothes. Then I look around my room I see my bed only three feet away from me. The covers are all pushed over to one side both colors are showing. There is the winter side and the summer side. The winter side has smears of red on it that blends in with the brown, and the summer side, which is like a cloud, is merely untouched. As I stand there and look at the blanket remembering why that's there, and it's too easy to remember why. What they did to me made me who I am.

 I try to forget about it but I can't; it won't go away. I slowly start to back up and close the door. I walk down the hall and see pictures of the family and in each one I am different, and it comes back to me I keep wishing that I would have never done that. I walk down the stairs making sure I have everything for the punishment of the day, mostly know as school. I hear my family down stairs talking, and once I walk in the kitchen they all stop and look at me. I get my lunch ready, and look at them; as they still were staring at me. I walk out and get my school bag, and head for the door. I hear them talking, "Why is he still here, in this house. He should be kicked out on the street with the rest of those gays! He is going to hell for his sin." said my brother. 

I stopped, then stayed to listen. "I know, Jared, don't worry about it everything is going to be fine Saturday. He will be out for good not like those other times where we took him back" said my father.

I started to get a tear in my eye, I quickly wipe it away cause I hear someone walking out of the kitchen. I quickly grab my jacket and run to the door. I thought the last time they did that to me was going to be the last, because they said it would be, but like everyone else, they lied. I walk to the bus stop slowly so I can get a chance to stop crying, so the kids at the bus stop won't judge me, even though they probably will anyway.

In school I try to walk fast to get to my locker and homeroom before anyone can talk to me or push me around. I get to my locker, untouched and open it. Then in the corner of my eye I see a hand and it closes my locker  with a bang. Now everyone is looking my way, staring as if a murder scene was about to commence. I got nervous quickly, and I wanted to ask what he wanted, but then the other kid behind me pushes me to the ground, George. George, said "Shut up, you sinner he didn't ask you a question. You only speak when spoken too...got it?"

  "Yes." I obey, but that is it. George picked me up by my collar, and threw me against the locker. They started to laugh and walked away. Everyone who was watching did nothing about it. They all started back to homeroom. Next thing I know the bell rings, and my stuff wasn't even out of the locker. I have to deal with this everyday, and this is just a regular day. 

The school day goes on just fine. It actually felt like it got better. The bell rang, and I left my class and headed for lunch. I went to sit at my usual empty table. Ever since I came out to my parents, friends, and teacher, even the teachers, hated me. I felt like I was being watched at that moment as I sat down. George came up behind me. He sat down and started to smile. I stared at him with a blank expression, I knew if I talked I would get hurt, so I just stared. He stared right back, and then slapped me with my pizza. I was humiliated. I felt the heat coming to my eye. I wanted to stand, but couldn't bring myself to do it, and if I didn't everyone would see me cry. I  then stood, and ran, ran for the bathroom.

In the stall I felt safe. Safe from everyone out in the world. The bullies and ungrateful people who don't consider me as a person. These people are everywhere. Everyone calls me a fag, sinner, queer, and so on. My name is Dalton and I want it to stop.

I stayed in there for the rest of the day. No one knew, or even cared where I was. During the time class was in session, I went to my locker. I grabbed my bag and books and headed back to the safe haven, or stall. I stayed in there and read a book. The book was called Mortal Instruments, By: Cassandra Clare. It was a good book, especially because there's a gay guy in it, who is accepted. The book calms me down, and takes me away from this horrid world I live in.

The bell then rang, the bell for the end of the day. I didn't know it was the end of the day, but i didn't care either. I got my stuff together and went to the bathroom before I took my journey home. I heard someone walk in. I was afraid of who it was, but everyone has to face their fears. I slowly opened the stall and there George was, standing in front of me. It's like he knew I was in the stall the whole day.

He gave me a menacing smile and shoved me against the wall. He was about to punch me, but he didn't. His hand gently went over my face, like a guy would do to a girl in the movies. I looked up and saw his calm blue eyes looking into mine. He then leaned in closer to me. He gently brushed his lips against mine, and pulled back. At that moment I felt a sting on my left shoulder area of my back, but I quickly ignored it. He then punched me hard in the stomach. All the hope I felt disappeared I felt like I was going to blackout, but instead I fell to the ground, still conscious. I heard him say, "Yes, I admit it I'm gay, but if you tell anyone I will murder you. You also might be asking why I do this to you," he then paused and crouched next to my limber body, and got leveled with my golden eyes, "Its because I hate how the others treat you, but if I do anything they will be like that to me. I lastly wanted to tell you that you're not the only one to bare this hardship." Then he left. That was all he said.

After this the days got better. He didn't hurt me as much, or even talk to me. He never kissed me again, or went in the bathroom when I was there. It made me feel better, and the red soon washed away from my blanket. Though my parents hate me they still love me. They will always be looking towards the day I move out. I'm just glad that this wasn't a regular day, and I'm not the only one to bear the hardship of a "Sinner", but I was the only one that can bear his secret. If anyone found out, we would both be hurt. Georges dark remorse started today, and I was the one who was going to end it.