Chapter 1

As far back as he could remember clearly, Izuku had always been scared of hypnosis. One would expect someone with so many appointments would eventually get used to it, but he wasn't.

"Please," Izuku followed Inko as he begged, she was walking through the old castle they were moving into in only a week. "I don't need a hypnosis appointment, please don't make me go."

"Izuku." Inko spun on her heel to face her son. They had been having the argument for the past week, and they had it every year, so she was fed up. "You need it, you're having it, you can't get out of it."

Izuku turned and stormed away. He was starting to feel dizzy and a headache was starting to throb in his temple. He was terrified about the next day, it was yearly and he always hated it. Two years ago he had tried to escape, but the next thing he knew was back in his room after the appointment.

He knew his mother was there the whole time, so nothing bad could happen, and he knew he never remembered it afterwards, but it terrified him none the less. He just wanted to go home and sleep

-----

Izuku covered his mouth, cowering in the wardrobe of his parents' room. He was shaking, keeping his eyes closed desperately as though this would save him from the monster that was hunting him.

"Come out, come out wherever you are!" A voice Izuku was sure he knew called, slamming every door open.

Izuku flinched with every slam, lowering his head even further.

"There you are you little brat!" Hisashi spat, the stink of alcohol clinging to his clothes, spittle flying everywhere.

With every moment of the dream Izuku remembered more of what he forgot.

Izuku was dragged out of the wardrobe by his hair, screaming. His memory wasn't clear after that, blacking out many times. Finally Inko came in, screaming at Hisashi before she grabbed Izuku by the arm and ran. It hurt, but it was less painful that it would be to stay with the man.

Hot tears ran down Izuku's cheeks as he was forced to blame everything on Kacchan again, but this time the adults realised the way it didn't make sense.

-----

Izuku gasped awake, tears pouring down his cheeks. Now it made sense why he was so scared of hypnosis, and why he couldn't remember his dad.

His father was a hypnotist, a very skilled one, he made it so that Izuku couldn't tell anyone what he did. He would brag to Izuku about what he did to his patients when they were unconscious or under his control. He would threated to do the same to Izuku, and he would beat him.

For the first few years of this, Hisashi would bribe Izuku with toys, treats, and other things he wanted to forgive him and not tell Inko, but after Katsuki had walked in on it, he changed tact. Everything had always been blamed on playing rough with Katsuki, but then he doubled down.

Katsuki was hypnotised to go to their house every time Izuku was being beaten, and Izuku was made to act happy in front of Inko as though nothing was wrong.

The one time Izuku's injuries were actually Katsuki's fault it was seen as the straw that broke the camel's back and banished the family, never to be seen again.

Izuku didn't want to remember, but now he knew why he had the yearly appointment, and he would learn again next year. He also knew why he always needed Inko in the room with him for every hypnosis appointment.

"Baby?" Inko asked from the door, looking at Izuku curled up, gasping for air on his bed.

Izuku looked up at her desperately, unable to find words. She rushed to wrap him in her arms, stroking his hair and whispering to him to help him calm down.

"I will be with you the whole time, I promise. If you ever want to stop forgetting, just let me know." She kissed his head, closing her eyes and wishing she had managed to protect him from having to have gone through this in the first place.

"I want to forget, I don't want to know what he did, I don't want to remember him." Izuku sobbed into her.

"I know, sweetheart, I'm sorry." Inko pulled him closer.

-----

Izuku trembled, holding tightly to Inko's hand, waiting for the hypnotist to enter the room. It was the same room every time, and it was made to be comfortable, but Izuku was still terrified.

"Hello," The hypnotist greeted, they had grey curly hair, ashy skin, and violet eyes. "Would you like me to just start now, or would you like me to explain?"

"Just start." Izuku mumbled, holding Inko's hand tightly.

"Okay, please relax and keep your eyes on the pendant." They sat in front of Izuku, holding up the turquoise pendant with a curved gold frame. All of the hypnosis pendants looked the same, the oddly green turquoise crystal helping to make the hypnosis go further and remain.

They started swinging the pendant in front of Izuku's eyes, which had no choice but to follow it. This year they could, once again, go deeper than the year previous.

Izuku was open mouthed and half lidded when the hypnotist stopped going deeper, and further now would be dangerous, not that Hisashi seemed to have cared.

"You will forget Hisashi Inoue."

"He cannot." Hisashi's voice came from Izuku's mouth.

"You will forget Hisashi Inoue for 10 years."

"He cannot." Hisashi's voice again.

"You will forget Hisashi for 5 years."

"I will forget Hisashi for 5 years." Izuku sounded completely flat as he spoke, but this was the furthest they had ever gotten.

"You will remember your childhood as having been raised by a single mother."

"I will remember being raised as a single mother." Izuku was starting to lean to the side, the hypnosis falling off.

"That is all." The hypnotist tapped the side of Izuku's head, signalling that the hypnosis was over, causing Izuku to keel over, fast asleep. "I will set up an appointment in 5 years time."

"Thank you." Inko pulled the sleeping Izuku closer.