IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING POTTERY SHARDS

Written by

(name withheld)                                                                                                                                                                                  

Published   

  04/04/2023                                                                                                                                                                           

Good morning players of all kind, may we please have your attention.

On the 15th February 2023, we had finally released the archeology feature to the game. Along with it came with the sniffer, as well as the cherry grove biome. But today's announcement primarily focuses on archeology.

Since the release of the feature that was added in the 23w07a snapshot, the community has since been playing around with the latest feature and has been experimenting with it to discover the possibilities that this functionality brings. We are destined to make this feature the best it can truly be to ensure maximum player delight and satisfaction when the full Trails and Tales update releases eventually. 

Having internal discussions with the team surrounding the properties of the pottery and shards, we have unanimously taken the difficult decision to temporarily suspend the ability to put items inside the pottery itself. We do so acknowledge the consequences this action may bring. We have been enjoying experimenting with unique combination of items. It has been such a great delight to have been having the ability to do such a way to enhance the self expression and representation as the theme had been announced surrounding the update during Minecraft Live 2022. 

The decision to suspend the ability to put items inside the pots comes after evidence has come to light of the potential hazards this comes with it. However, under current data protection regulations, we can't discuss what those particular evidence was, given the context of what the evidence contains and as such we will say no more on the matter.

We will look at this case case again at some point in the future.

Happy brushing!