55. Confrontation

The King's guards marched forward with the King in front of them. Carrying guns loaded with wolfsbane bullets, they kept pace with King Xavier's steps while maintaining ample distance for the waving end of his one shoulder cape that he had worn over his coat.

Antreas Wotton, Head of the Security, came and joined them from behind.

"Route has been cleared for His Majesty's motorcade." He said and then detached himself from the group while giving a slight bow on Duke Lorenzo's appearance.

Duke Lorenzo, who was accompanied by someone, approached the group. King Xavier paused for them.

"A member of the United Nations Security Council, Your Majesty." Duke Lorenzo introduced.

"Your Majesty." The man bowed.

He watched in discomposure as Xavier walked uncomfortably closer to him.

"I am the King of the most powerful empire. You could not imagine the things I am capable of doing." He heard him say menacingly. "I do not let anyone rob me of my rights. Do you understand? Sean Windsor."

Saying that, he flounced out, followed by his guards.

"Sean Windsor?" asked the man, puzzled. He turned towards Duke Lorenzo. "That's not my name, Your Highness."

The Duke nodded dismissively while he kept staring at Xavier's direction in disapproval.

**~~~**

Persephone was on the floor with her hair disheveled, dress wrinkled and head hung low. She was stuck in a bad situation and she planned to make the best out of it. If Xavier was moving mountains to be with his mate, she would too. She knew Nathaniel would not be able to get her out of there but she hoped that seeing her like that would likely soften his heart a little.

When she heard the sound of footsteps approaching her, she didn't look up. Luna, her wolf, had already felt Nathaniel's presence.

"Look around Sean!" Alpha Nathaniel's words echoed. "I know you would have liked to explore better places but you dropped here at the wrong time. So, let me show you around this castle at the very least. Sean, this is the dungeon. This is where the scums live."

They walked up to Persephone's cell and stopped.

"Look! A woman is posing as the damsel in distress. It's kind of laughable as the women is in distress, but she is no damsel."

Persephone only raised her head in response.

"Damsel is an unmarried woman, Sean." Nate explained.

"Fuck off, dude. I know that much." replied Sean.

"Then appreciate my wits, bro. Ari does."

Sean grimaced a little.

"Man you remember how hot she looked in her tight red dress that Friday at ACE?" Nate continued. "I was almost ready to risk our friendship."

"Of course, I remember. I'm pretty sure she had dressed up for me after all." said Sean. "And I get it. I'm risking my neck here when she hasn't even committed to me properly."

Nate's lips curved up in amusement. He had expected Sean to be irritated, not join him in his jest.

He had originally planned to vex Persephone by mentioning several other girls' names. However, he realized that it was his liking towards Ariana that triggered her the most for whatever reason. Hence, he mentioned Ariana instead.