Plot

Super Why!: The Monster At The End Of This Story!

—The Super Readers get a Super Big Problem from Red, who's scared of a monster in her closet.

—The gang find a book called The Monster At The End Of This Story, transform, and jump into it.

—Here comes the twist: when Super Why is about to read, the page is blank! Then Princess Presto explains that maybe this story is one that plays out on its own rather than it needing to be read.

—So then the gang waits for the story to start and out comes Grover, who unknowingly says hello to the Super Readers while walking past them, acknowledges a big hand, and through a sign, realizes that he's starring in a story.

—But when it comes to that title, Grover doesn't like the sound of it: A MONSTER AT THE END OF HIS STORY?!

—That's when the Super Readers come in to meet Grover, but Grover insists he doesn't need their help.

Grover: You know what, Super Readers? I don't need your help in this story. Whoa, heh! Especially if there is a MONSTER at the end of it!

—Then it leads into the classic song from the special, with Grover urging the Super Readers not to help in any way!

—But then Wonder Red just (and yes, this leads into a very silly moment) randomly goes ahead and sings her rhyming song, irritating Grover!

Grover: You're STILL helping me! Ugh! Maybe you don't understand. You see, helping me will get us to the end of this story. And there is a MONSTER at the end of this story...BUT THIS will stop you from helping me!

—Grover ties the screen together with some rope, but then he accidentally ends up in a knot! Alpha Pig to the rescue with building some scissors to cut Grover free!

—Then, Grover tries stacking some Alphabet blocks together (taken from Another Monster At The End Of This Book) to block the gang from the monster. Wonder Red notices some of the words rhyme, so then it's up to her to break through the blocks! And with some -all rhyming, she brings in the big guns: A WRECKING BALL!

Grover: ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT! Do you four know that every time you help me out, you're not just getting us closer to the MONSTER at the end of this story...but you're making a terrible mess?!

—Grover breaks in the heavy artillery then: a GIANT BRICK WALL!

Grover: I would like see you Super Readers TRY to break this wall!

—Cue the sparkles, cue the music! Princess Presto's got her spelling power, and she gon' USE IT! She spells excavator—and PRESTO! In comes Oscar the Grouch on an excavator to break down the brick wall!

Grover: Don't you know your spelling power is very strong?

—Then the time comes for the epic conclusion, but Grover is STILL scared. The rest of the readers try to encourage him (leading to some more heartwarming moments), and sure, Grover does warm up to them, but he still feels a little scared.

—It even says so in his story!

"Grover is scared of the MONSTER at the end of his story."

"SUPER WHY TO THE RESCUE! WITH THE POWER TO READ, I CAN CHANGE THIS STORY AND SAVE THE DAY!" AYYYYY

—Super Why zaps the word "scared" out and switches it with "courageous", and it works!!

—Alas, Grover still may need a tad more convincing, so the gang show him all the ways they show how it feels to be afraid, making Grover feel a little better.

—Right before the readers encourage him, Grover has one more plan up his sleeve...but PP, AP, and SW decide to take a little break for a bit and leave Red to help Grover out a little more.

—Once they leave with Oscar in his excavator, Grover executes his plan: a video bar! He and Wonder Red use it to rewind the story back to the beginning, but unintentionally end up seeing how the Super Big Problem was caused in the first place (with Red being scared) and then fast forwarding it a little over to when Grover got scared. Red tells Grover that's why they came in to help in the first place.

—Red then rewinds the bar a little more and shows Grover one time she was with the Super Readers when she got scared (back when they went into her story) and Grover gets inspired a little more by Red to face his fears head-on and to not be scared.

—Then Grover slips up on the bar, rewinding it all the way back to when the Super Readers met for a hot second, and he and Red luckily fast forward the bar back to normal, where the rest of the gang is already waiting for them.

—The time hath finally cometh. The end is nigh!

Grover: Are we already on the way to the end of this story?
(A bunch of arrows point all around at Grover and the Super Readers)
Grover: (Sigh) I think that is a yes.

—Princess Presto reminds everyone to take some deep breaths, and Wonder Red reminds Grover to talk to himself.

G: I can do this. I can have courage. I can do this.
SR: YOU CAN DO THIS!
G: Let's go.
SW: You can do this!
G: I can do this!
WR: Ya got this, Grover!

—And of course...
G: The m-m-m-monster...IS ME!! I, lovable, furry, old Grover am the monster at the end of this story!
SR: (cheering and wowing at the twist)

—A reprise of Grover's song happens as everyone celebrates, the last Super Letters are found, and Grover thanks the Readers for encouraging him by helping out with their powers.

—Back at the Book Club, the Super Story Answer is...Face Your Fears! But..why?

PP: Because when Grover was afraid of the monster, we showed him may different ways to show you're scared, and we showed him how to have courage.

—Red takes this into account as she finally faces her fears like Grover did, and turns out...there wasn't a monster inside her closet after all.

—HIP HIP HOORAY!!

End.