Chaper One. || Going Crazy.

November 3rd 1987.
Hawkins, Indiana
Wheelers house

I sat in my bedroom staring blankly at the closed door expecting it to open and reveal a adorable boy with a bowlcut. But it never did. I sigh and get up and go to the box near my closet. I open the box and take out a picture frame. It was a picture of me and Will playing in sand. I looked at the picture for too long as I felt my eyes start to sting. I blinked back a few tears and put the frame down.

-

It's been four years since the vanishing of Will Byers. No one knew where he went, or if he's still alive. Everyone thinks he's dead. Even Joyce. Mike is the only one who thinks he's out there somewhere. Every time he talked about Will and where he could be with someone they just got fed up and yelled, "HES DEAD, MIKE. AND THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT THAT."

Mike just stopped talking about him to people. He knew Will wasn't in the real world. He was in the upside down. He didn't know why Nancy and her dumb friends didn't look around for Will the last time they were in there.

He had a whole plan to get his best friend back and he wasn't stopping it. He didn't want help, he didn't need it.

-

I walked out of my room and went to the basement, ignoring my family eating dinner. I really didn't care to talk to them, all they were gonna do is try to get me to give up on Will and i'm not doing that. Will had been my best friend for 11 years and i'm not throwing that away any time soon.

I locked the basement door and went downstairs. I saw a wall with every single one of Wills drawings, I used to keep them in a binder but instead I put them on the wall. I grabbed my walkie and sat inside the small hut I remade for eleven.

I pulled the antenna out and clicked the side. "Hey Will, it's day 1,461 without you. I'm not sure if you can here me but I really miss and i'm gonna find you. Just give me time. Everyone else gave up on you but i'm not." I waited for a response and never got one. I aggressively pushed the antenna down and put the walkie away. "Stupid, so stupid." I spoke under my breath. I heard something come from the walkie, I looked at it and heard nothing else.

I sighed and went upstairs ms unlock the door. I closed the basement door behind me and start walking back to my room. "Michael, I hope your still not trying to reach that Byers kid. He's d-" Ted started, he had a piece of chicken in his hands. "He's what? Dead? You think I haven't heard that enough dad? I don't give a fuck about what you say, he's not dead!" I yelled at him, everyone at the table was shocked.

I just shook my head and went back to my room. I'm gonna prove them wrong, i'm gonna get Will back and nothings changing that. I just need to get things for my plan.

There's only one person I know who would help me.

Eleven.

...

what do we think of the first chapter?
vote😭