Advantages of Swim Spas Near Me for Hydrotherapy

Hydrotherapy is one advantage that  provides

Hydrotherapy is one advantage that provides. Swim spas and hot tubs are ideal for exercise and relaxation. However, they are also the perfect tool for reaping all the benefits of hydrotherapy.

What Is Hydrotherapy?

The term hydrotherapy refers to using water as a treatment for different conditions. Hydrotherapy can take place in swim spas OKC, pools, hot tubs, and more as long as the water is and free of debris. There are various types of of hydrotherapy to address conditions such as:

Arthritis pain. Post-workout soreness. Headaches. Anxiety and stress. Insomnia.

Hydrotherapy can include contrast therapy (switching between hot and cold water), massage, and exercise.

Hydrotherapy and Swim Spas Near Me

Swim spas offer the best of both worlds because they are large enough for swimming and stretching, but they also have the jets and higher temperature settings. Here are a few ways that you can use swim spas for hydrotherapy.

Warm Water

Taking a long soak in warm water is beneficial in and of itself. The buoyancy will take weight off of painful joints and sore muscles, allowing the body to relax. Additionally, a warm soak will release endorphins, which reduce pain and alleviate anxiety.

Massaging Jets

At Bullfrog OKC Tulsa, our come with the same JetPaks® as our hot tubs, allowing you to customize jets to meet your needs. Massaging jets will work away knots in tight muscles, helping the body to improve circulation as well as the healing process and pain reduction.

Exercise

Since swim spas were created with exercise in mind, they are useful for this type of hydrotherapy. You can do more than swim in a swim spa. In fact, there are several exercise aids available. Exercises that can be done in swim spas Oklahoma include:

Arm circles. Bicycle kicks. Shoulder stretches. Calf stretches. Hamstring stretches. Trunk twists.

These are just a few of the options available with a swim spa.

Hydrotherapy and Safety

Hydrotherapy is safe for most people. However, you should always consult your doctor before pursuing any type of exercise or treatment. For example, people with heart conditions may need to lower the water temperature or spend less time in the swim spa. You may also need to limit your movements if you have any issues with balance and stability.

Should you determine that a swim spa is the best option for your hydrotherapy needs, why not invest in the best? There is no reason to search through "swim spas near me." The Swim Series swim spas have the quality and customization you deserve.

With three locations throughout the Oklahoma City Metro and Tulsa, you are sure to find the perfect swim spa for your needs. Our team is ready to help you through the entire process. From design to delivery and installation, Bullfrog Spas OKC Tulsa is one stop shop for swim spas, hot tubs, patios, and more. Please or visit a store to see everything for yourself.