the incident.

Nezuko couldn't believe what she was seeing. The last day, her mother sent her to sell some things as the eldest daughter of the Kamado family, which she obviously accepted. The day passed and before she could notice, it was already night.

One of the townspeople told her that if she went out on the night a demon might eat her, and Nezuko, being exhausted and hungry, decided to stay at the lady's house. Nezuko went home as early as possible, thanking the kind lady for her help and going back to her house.

However, a little voice in her brain told her that something was happening at her house, and then it was when she saw it.

Blood all over the walls and floor, all her siblings were cold as ice, already dead. Her mother was nowhere to be found. Nezuko touched Tanjiro's neck, and felt a pulse. With nothing but hope she decided to just run for it and hope he could get to a medic in time, so she picked up her brother.

Brother in back and desperate thoughts, the girl started running up a hill. She was late to notice that they started falling, and now were separated. Then, she fell into the ground being pushed by Tanjiro.

With her body lying on the ice cold mountain and her brother about to bite her, she was starting to accept her death, reducing the strength of her grip in the branch that she found to defend herself. Her eyes started to water, she was going to die but she also didn't want to see her brother die, too, or become a human-eating monster. Words came out of her mouth automatically but it seemed like there was no effect.

Then, her face was wet, but those were not her tears.

Sad, anguished tears came from her brother's eyes as he started to make himself smaller and stopped biting the branch.

A harsh turn and suddenly her brother wasn't by her, but instead he was trapped by the arms of another man. His pink and purple hair made him stand out from the white and delicate snow, and his bright yellow eyes were filled with rage as he went to cut Tanjiro's head.

"WAIT A MINUTE!!" Nezuko didn't think before talking, panic overcoming her body once again. "He's not a bad demon! I promise!! HE'S DIFFERENT!"

"Your begs aren't gonna change anything." His answer was dryer than she thought it would be, not even an intention of listening to her. "Do you know how many siblings have said this? He'll end up eating you at some point." His grip on Tanjiro became stronger, suffocating the poor boy.

He wasn't gonna give up that easy and Nezuko knew it. Tanjiro managed to get out of the slayer's grip by wiggling his body, and disappeared. A quick chop on the neck and Nezuko was out of battle.

Tanjiro threw a rock at the slayer and then put himself before his sister to protect her from what he understood, 'the evil man'. Growls came out of the demon's mouth as the bicoloured haired man got nearer, and he decided to attack.

Jumping from his position, Tanjiro tried to attack the slayer, but miserably failed as he also got a chop on the neck.

The now only awake man looked at them. Maybe they were different this time. He put a bamboo on the young boy's mouth and decided to leave them there, just to see what would happen, and then ran away.

Nezuko was the first to wake up, and she was absolutely thankful when she saw her brother laying on the ground next to her, asleep and with a bamboo on his mouth. She then remembered what the old lady told her and decided to run somewhere to hide Tanjiro from the sun.

They found a cave and she told her brother to stay there while she searched for something to carry her brother in for the day.

"Excuse me." Nezuko said, drawing the attention of the couple that was there, "I've seen a basket and bamboo... Would you mind if I take it?"

"Sure, but..." One of the two people looked down at the basket "It has a hole in it, but yes, you can take it."

"Thanks!" She said "How much?"

The woman that was there looked at her like she was crazy. "There's no need to pay... It's all old and worn out..."

Nezuko ended up paying for it, practically forcing the couple to take the money. She went ahead to the cave where she left Tanjiro and saw a big hole in the ground. He must really hate the sun, she thought.

While fixing the basked and making a lid for it with the bamboo, she thought about her family, who had a tragic end. Maybe if she was there... No. Then they would all be dead. She finally finished the basket and went over to Tanjiro.

"Hey, can you get in here?" Nezuko asked, pointing at the basket. "In the basket, I want to travel in the day too."

Tanjiro did as he was ordered, he could only get his head inside. Maybe the basket was too small.

"Tanjiro, you're too big..." A little laugh came from her mouth "Can you, like, make yourself smaller? For me?" A cute smile and Tanjiro was in the basket, he fit perfectly.

"Great! You did great, brother!" She said, patting his head. He liked it, maybe she should do it more often.

"To reach the slopes of Sagiri you have to pass through these mountains." Nezuko asked a lady for directions, and now she had to listen carefully. "But it's dangerous... and such a big luggage... Are you sure you'll be okay?" The lady asked, her face painted with worry.

"Of course!" Nezuko bowed "Thank you so much!!"

"You're welcome, miss." The lady talked with such manners. "Also, people say travelers go missing, be careful please."

And with that, Nezuko was off to the mountains.

"Look Tanjiro, a temple!" It was nighttime and Tanjiro was out of his 'box'. "There's even lights, maybe we won't be alone, let's..."

Nezuko saw blood coming from the temple. She started running and Tanjiro went behind her.

"Go away, this is my territory" People laying in a puddle of blood and someone eating them, it must be a demon.

Nezuko attacked the demon as soon as he noticed that she was a human, a bamboo stick in hand. It wasn't anything too strong or big, but it was what she had left after making the basket.

Then she got tackled to the ground, the demon about to eat her and Tanjiro looking at the people, drooling. Then, the demon's head was gone. Besides her was her brother, who had kicked the creature's head off.

The demon quickly regenerated and attacked again, this time Tanjiro kicked him again and Nezuko grabbed two other sticks, getting the demon's head stuck on a tree with no chance of escaping.

The girl went inside and found a blade, thinking it was more than enough to kill the demon she went over to attack him.

A hand stopped her, and a voice from behind talked to her. "You won't be able to kill him with that dull blade" he said.