. Prologue .

A/n finally we got some wlw here <3 I love these two- OMG SHOULD I DO DOTTOLONE AND ARLEBINA DOUBLE DATE?! Also since we have barely any lore for either of them, a lot of this is assumptions and it'll be kind of ooc sometimes LMAO

The Knave was ruthless and aggressive.

Everyone knew this.

The Damselette was rather the opposite, she seemed soft, gentle, sweet, even, but all the harbingers of the fatui knew she was hiding something dark.

And perhaps she and the Knave were more similar than they thought.

Arlecchino was simply walking through the halls and noticed the woman walking softly through the halls.

"Hello, Knave." Columbina greeted, smiling.

Arlecchino huffed.

Columbina giggled in returned, standing next to the Knave as she walked.

"Now why are you so clingy, Damselette? Don't you have your duties to attend to as well?" Arlecchino raised an eyebrow.

"No, not at the moment... I'd like to spend some time with you, after all, Knave, we hardly know each other! It's a tad bit odd considering we're co-workers, hmm?" Columbina smirked.

Arlecchino sighed "Then I suppose... I was about to head into the city, I don't have anything to do at the moment." She spread out her hands.

"I'll go wherever you do." Columbina winked, then followed Arlecchino out the Palace and into the city.

Columbina was quiet, and Arlecchino could appreciate that. She didn't speak much unless she was feeling chatty.

"Knave?" Columbina asked while they were walking slowly through the city.

Arlecchino glanced back "Yes?"

"The other day, I saw The Doctor leaving the Regrator's quarters... he was really flushed." Columbina smirked.

'Ah, so she likes gossip,' Arlecchino noted. 

"So you're saying Dottore and Pantalone have an affair?" The Knave snickered.

Columbina nodded smugly "I know they do, have you ever seen the way they look at each other? Oh, and how they're always standing next to each other?"

Arlecchino smiled in amusement "So, I have another thing to use against them. Good." 

Columbina laughed "Good thing Tartaglia didn't find out... should we tell him?"

Arlecchino thought for a moment before saying; "Only when it proves to be necessary."

"Oh, fine..." Columbina said, continuing to walk alongside the Knave.

They passed a few more stores until they were outside of the city.

"Oh? We're leaving the city?" Columbina asked excitedly.

"Honestly I just wanted some fresh air." Arlecchino said with a shrug.

"Yeah.. I mean Zapolyarny Palace can feel kind of cramped and grimy despite how large it is." Columbina nodded.

"Grimy? I suppose it is rather unfit for someone whose personality resembles an angel." Arlecchino teases.

A/n Alr whelp prologue is short.

Ty all for reading! 💗💗💗