i don't wanna talk to you anymore

It all started with laughter, and everything became more.. noticeable around him.

It was almost scary. Akane had stopped talking to Teru ever since he started these feelings. Out of his fear of love, he thought he knew what it meant, but he was clearly mistaken when it happened to him.

All this time spent on the couch, Akane fumbled with a pillow kicking his legs as that smile... that smile... was still on his mind.

Why was he feeling this? Was he that lonely?

Akane was using everything to hold back, talking to him less, seeing him less— yet any interaction made was enough to make him send his heart to the moon.

If Teru would just let Akane read him... The pleasure would be his; he always felt like he knew at least a part of Teru that nobody else knew. But then the severance happened. His trust for Teru started back again from square one, growing more aware of the silence that kept him.

———————-

Akane walked into school; nothing unordinary happened as he went to his locker. He noticed a few students wave to him, so he waved back. Suddenly, the sounds around him faded into a gray fuzz, just background noise. Nothing else mattered as Teru entered the hallway— was he beaming?

No, he was most definitely not. Akane shook his head as those strange thoughts started to grow once again. He simply closed his locker, glared at the president; who was a foot away from him, and walked to his class. There was no way that 𝘩𝘦
would stoop down to that level, especially when there were already so many people on the line for the exorcist.

𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘨𝘰𝘢𝘭, Akane thought. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘪𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘎𝘗𝘈 𝘪𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘢𝘤𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘪𝘤 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘺. 𝘚𝘶𝘳𝘦, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥... 𝘓𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺'𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘰𝘣𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦?

—————————-

Akane lightly tapped his fingers on the desk, going back and forth between reading through his notes and looking at the screen. He noticed someone had been watching him the whole time, the boy... 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦 made his heart skip a beat.

"What's on your mind?"

The exorcist said, in the student council room, which was lit with the afternoon sun. It seemed those two were staying late again trying to complete their workload. Akane looked at Teru as he asked that question while holding an empathic face. 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 didn't usually happen.

When did he try to understand how he felt? And why was he doing it?

"I'm fine. Let's not get distracted."

"But it seems like 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 distracted."

Darn! Why did he have to be so infuriating with that god dammed smile?

"Well, I'm not! Just focus on the work, President."

Teru left it at that, and he continued his work. Akane felt his heart urging him to tell him there and then. He didn't know how long he could pretend when he just wanted to kiss him.